31/01/2013

Monthly Favourites | January 2013

The last day of January! This month has gone so fast! But today I will be sharing what I have been loving using throughout the month of January.



The Revlon Lip Butter in Peach Parfait has been a super easy product for a day to day basis. It provides a bit of gold shimmer which on most occasions I am a fan of. The colour is very flattering but sheer, and given that my lips are already very pigmented it doesn't show up very much but I have been loving the colour it gives my lips and the very comfortable formula of it.

Another easy lip product for me this month was my Maybelline Baby Lips in Cherry Me which is from the USA. It is a sheer tinted lip balm which also smells delicious! It is not very pigmented but it gives my lips a sheer, juicy, red-tinged look that I really like.

I have been using the Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler in conjunction with the Majolica Majorca Lash Expander Frame Plus Mascara (full review) this month. The curl that the Shu curler gives my short, straight lashes is phenomenal, much better than any other I have tried, granted I haven't tried many. I have a feeling it will be a long time favourite! The MM Mascara provides amazing length and also holds curl all day long!

The Bodyshop Eye Definer in Moonstone has been an amazing product for my waterline, giving me brighter and wider eyes, making me seem more awake! It does have a metallic finish which gives a lovely iridescence.  I also enjoy using it as an inner corner highlight.

As I have been wearing eyeshadow quite often during the holidays, the Essence I love Stage Eyeshadow Base has been a must-have. It primes the lids for eyeshadow while covering discolouration on the lids and making eyeshadows more vibrant. It also helps them last longer and prevents creasing.


In terms of eyeshadows I have been mainly reaching for the The Balm Balm Jovi Face Palette as it has a wide range of colours and finishes. I have also been using the blush and highlighter often. My full in-depth review is featured here.

For a daily base I have been using the Garnier BB cream for Oily/Combination skin. I was tossing up between this and the Skin79 variant but decided on the Garnier because I have been using it for the majority of the month. It provides good coverage, a relatively matte finish and moisture without making my skin oily. 

For powdering I have been using the Australis Fresh and Flawless Pressed Powder. I use this over sunscreen, concealer and/or BB cream. It sets everything whilst also providing a bit of extra coverage and good oil control. A really lovely powder!

Lastly, one of my most used blushes this month has been the Catrice Defining Duo Blush in Peach Sorbet (full review). It is just a really nice, easy natural colour. You can use the champagne shade as a highlight or mix it all together for a glowy blush.

So those are the products I've been using! Some old favourites and new discoveries! 



4 comments:

  1. That essence eye shadow base is so good. I am also a huge fan of the fresh and flawless powder, it has such a nice finish on the skin :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both of them are extremely good! Especially for the price!

      Delete
  2. i love the peach parfait lip butter and the shu uemera lash curler! i definetly agree with you, it is amazingly compared to a lot of other lash curlers xD

    i'm following you now xoxo
    http://thechiffonbunny.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have only tried cheapie eyelash curlers before though but I do believe it lives up to the hype!]

      Thanks! I followed back :)

      Delete