21/03/2013

Lipstick Lineup | Autumn

Today I have another Autumn themed post with regards to the lips! My last post was my top 5 Autumn nail polishes, so today I have my five favourite lipsticks for Autumn to share.


Berry Smoothie, Blushing Nude, Berry Kiss, Soft Amethyst, Desire
I have chosen lippies ranging from wearable nudes to deeper vampy shades. My collection isn't very extensive, but these are just the shades I typically gravitate towards during the cooler months!

Clockwise from top left: Berry Kiss, Soft Amethyst, Desire, Blushing Nude, Berry Smoothie
First up is the Revlon lip butter in the shade 050 Berry Smoothie. I chose this particular product because it is really pretty for everyday wear and it dips your toes into the 'berry' pool with its easy sheer and hydrating formula. I have a full review here.

My Nude pick of the bunch is Clinique's Long Last lipstick in Blushing Nude. It is a deeper nude that is more of a pinky-brown. For my skintone and rather pigmented lips, this is a pretty good nude or MLBB (My Lips But Better) shade. For others this might be nice to switch to during the cooler seasons.

Sadly, I believe this next shade has been discontinued. It's another Long Last lipstick from Clinique, but in the shade 09 Berry Kiss. It's a really pretty berry red and in my eyes very warm, and seasonally appropriate. I do believe this shade is quite common though, so a dupe is probably out there!

Moving into the more purply tones, 21 Soft Amethyst from Estee Lauder's Signature Hydralustre line, is a beautiful deeper lilac shade which pulls quite mauve. It is obviously purple though. I think it is a really pretty and wearable shade perfect for daytime wear. The formula on this lipstick is amazing! It is super creamy and opaque, whilst still being shiny. It's also very comfortable of the lips!

Lastly, rounding off to my deepest lipstick shade is MAC's Desire which has a lustre finish. Keeping in mind that this has a lustre finish, therefore being quite sheer and shiny, it is a lot more wearable than its more opaque counterparts like Rebel or Dark Side. It is a plummy brown which looks really nice on the lips. It can be sheered out or built up, but you won't achieve the colour of the bullet on the lips. It's a really nice option if you're just getting into deeper shades!

Berry Smoothie, Blushing Nude, Berry Kiss, Soft Amethyst, Desire
Hope y'all enjoyed this post! I'm looking forward to slapping some of these shades on my lips for Autumn!

4 comments:

  1. Great products dear! I am absolutely obsessed with Berry Smoothie; it's such a gorgeous shade for fall! <33

    I am having an International Giveaway on my blog and I'd love it if you enter! :))

    XO,
    http://www.rosychicc.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Berry Smoothie is also great all year round!

      I'll be sure to check it out!

      Delete
  2. Great swatches! We're embracing spring here in Sweden, but I just love your picks <3
    Blushing Nude is so gorgeous, I gotta have a look at it next time :)
    My favorite A/W lipstick is MAC Dark Side :))
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks! Blushing Nude is really nice! Dark Side is definitely on my wishlist, though I don't know if I'd be brave enough to wear it! Desire is a good starting point though :)

      Delete