25/11/2013

NOTD | Sweet Coral

Time for my monthly NOTD! Have you noticed I've done them monthly? Haha, anyway, today's NOTD features a Witchery polish in the shade Sweet Coral. This shade is currently available and is perfect for the Spring and upcoming Summer weather!



Sweet Coral is a very vibrant, neon orange-y, peach, coral colour. This is actually my first neon polish! It is so bright that it practically glows in the dark, and is borderline blinding in the sun, haha - I love it though! I think it would make for an amazing pedicure shade and in general is perfect for the summertime. I love this particular colour too and I think it's quite trendy. I've seen a lot of clothes, accessories, etc in this colour.



Being a neon, I was actually expecting a nightmare of a formula. Suprisingly though, it was very easy to work with! It was a tad streaky on the first coat, but everything was evened out with a second. It is nicely opaque and looks nice and smooth on the nail! I have topped it with a topcoat (Revlon Colorstay) as it dried to a semi-matte finish (typical for neon polishes). 

Also this wore super well, keeping in mind it had the Revlon topcoat which works extremely well. I wore it camping (yeah way back then) and after the whole week of setting up tents and other camping, bush and beach activities it hadn't chipped horribly! It was passable actually haha, but the beauty obsessor in me couldn't wait to change it.


I'll definitely be pulling this out again to wear during the Summer!

What are your favourite neon nail polishes?

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous!!! And I love Witchery so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! Witchery does SUCH nice clothes, shoes and stuff! Very expensive though, haha.

      Delete
  2. This is such a pretty shade! Even though its bright is not super neon as ones I've seen which makes it much easier to wear in my opinion :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's not chalky looking or like CRAZY highlighter blinding, I really like it!

      Delete