31/03/2014

Monthly Favourites // March 2014

'Tis that time again...favourites time! I am almost finished up all my assessment for my first term of grade 12 which is scary stuff! I'm excited though to get into the holidays (obvs) so that I can do some more bloggy things and also catch up on tv shows and books ;). Anyways, because I've just been at school (and attempting a spending ban, which will inevitably end with the coming of holidays) I haven't been using many new products. I did however manage to scrounge together a few things I've been enjoying this month!














































If you guys didn't already know, I have pretty dang damaged hair which is the result of me having not had it trimmed for moooooonthss but it also means it's super long :) I am getting it cut soon anyways! I haven't been using any heat on it though so it's been better than it would usually. This leave in conditioner has an interesting consistency - one akin to a body lotion which makes it interesting to use. It says you can use it on dry hair, but I prefer it on damp hair as it rubs in and absorbs much better without making the hair feel weighed down or slightly greasy. My hair isn't particularly soft the next morning, but definitely feels nourished so I think their name of leave-in moisture is quite accurate. When I choose to do 'no heat curls' (twisting my hair into little bun danglies and pinning it (sort of like Princess Leia, but not)) and use this, I find it makes the curls much nicer and also my hair softer as it is soaking in it, as opposed to rubbing all over my pillow.

Trilogy Very Gentle Moisturising cream
This has been my night cream for a while now and one that I've really been enjoying. I mix it in with my rosehip/facial oil and the combination is really lovely and moisturising. It doesn't irritate my skin in the slightest (as the name would suggest) and I just find it to be a nice, basic moisturiser. Dry skins could even use this during the day I think.
























Heroine Make Lasting Mineral BB cream in shade 2
As you know, my daily routine consists of using one of my three BB creams. Though I haven't been using this one everyday, I've been using it often and really like it. It deserves its own full review though so I won't go too in depth. I find this to be my highest coverage BB cream (light-medium but very buildable) and have the longest staying power. Seriously, this stuff controls oil and stays looking nice for the whole day. Even from 7am to 8pm I've only got an oily t-zone (which I would usually get with other products at 3 or 4pm). Awesome product!

Blush and Lip combo: Clarins Rouge Hydra Nude in 04 Nude Caramel and Tarte 12hr Amazonian Clay blush in Exposed
If I ever had a makeup habit, it would be that I match my lips and cheeks (thinking about doing a post about my fave lip-cheek combos) because using shades of completely different colour families seems weird to me - even though I haven't really tried it. Regardless, I think it looks nice to have a bit o' cohesion through the facial. My fave combo this month has been a subdued one and along the lines of nudey-pinky-mauve, though the lippy is a tad more peach. I've already done a full review on the lipstick, but one for the blush is yet to come. I do have a few gripes with the blush that I'll explain in the review, but ultimately I do really like it. Exposed gives a lovely natural nuded-rose flush to the cheeks that looks slightly sculpted.

What have been your favourites in March?

19 comments:

  1. I actually always just use whatever blush and lip color. But I'm going to try and match :P
    I've also been loving my tarte blush!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, well glad that way works for you!

      Delete
  2. I have been looking for a high coverage bb cream for ages! I will have to give this one a go!

    Dani xo | www.laceandlovexo.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully you can get your hands on it - try online, sasa.com maybe?

      Delete
  3. I've heard so many good things about the Tarte blushes. Also I usually try and match up my blush and lipstick too, I didn't even realize that was a thing other people did as well. haha. Lovely post :)

    Deb | Debra Bros Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay we can be lip-cheek matching buddies together!

      Delete
  4. That BB cream sounds great, looking forward to seeing a review! And Tarte's Exposed looks so nice, but I haven't been splurging on high-end makeup lately, mainly clothes so I'm broke.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I could do with some new clothes (not really) but I've been pretty good with my spending the past 2 months. I'm sure I'll go on lots of shopping trips during the holidays though....eeek.

      Delete
  5. the leave in conditioner is totally up my alley! did you get this online? or is this a priceline/chemist thing :)

    ♥ M&L twoplicates

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's a salon only brand (sorry!), my mum won a pack from her hairdresser. Here is their website: https://www.everescents.com.au/

      Delete
    2. Actually they do have an online store on that website, the 'order online' tab :) I've now popped in a link of the product in my post. Hope that helped!

      Delete
  6. Beautiful picks! I love Tarte Exposed and that Clarins lipstick looks like its perfect companion :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. great post! I really love tarte blushes!

    styleandchocolates.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh gosh that Tarte blush is gorgeous, what a lovely shade xx

    Gemma // Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  9. I feel you. Finally finished my classes and I'm just like FREEEDOM TO CATCH UP ON TV SHOWS....until my exams start. Ergh.

    I feel like I'm hearing about Tarte's Exposed everywhere I turn. STOP PRESSURING ME, U GUISE. Can't wait to see this lip+blush combo post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Basically that is what my holidays consist of - watching tv shows, movies, reading and tumbling. I even consider it an achievement when I watch x amount of episodes :P I should probs be doing assignments that are due early next term buuut can I be bothered?

      Ooh yay - I'm yet to take photos but I have my ideas at the ready :)

      Delete
    2. RIGHT??? I split my screen with a tv show playing on one side of the screen while I scroll tumblr on the other half of my screen. LUXE LYFE RIGHT THERE. (It's an even better treat when I fullscreen a show on my laptop at night UGH BEST FEELINGS EVER. Allows me to be more engrossed in a show/movie when I fullscreen it!)

      (NO WE CANNOT BE BOTHERED)

      Delete
    3. SPLIT SCREEN IS A LIFESAVER AMIRITE? Omg I split screen everything - tumblr and tv shows, blogging and youtube...aah sometimes I wish you could split screen more that 2!! Yes! When I'm all snuggled up in bed = BEST. Guuurrrrrl, if you don't mind my asking, what's your tumblr? I'd love to follow!

      Delete