06/03/2014

On the Daily

What with me back at school again, I've settled back into the routine of using similar, if not the same products during the week. My daily makeup is nothing extravagant - especially considering there is a no makeup rule at my school (shh...). I tend to opt for a natural look, covering my main imperfections and making myself look a bit healthier and more awake. I thought I would share the selection of products I've been using on the daily and my thoughts on them!



































































I store my daily makeup in my MUJI 2 drawer narrow acrylic box set with flip top lid so that it is all conveniently in one place and so that I won't have to go rummaging through my main makeup storage. I really love this little box set, it's nice and sleek and I wish that my whole storage was MUJI! I often rotate what is in here sometimes daily, or weekly depending on if I want to wear a particular product/whatever I'm feeling. A lot of the products here are constant though.
























Biore UV Perfect Face Milk
I've already talked about this in a Monthly Favourites and a full review will be coming soon. This has been my sunscreen of choice as it is so thin it feels like nothing on the skin, and it also mattifies my skin slightly, to the point that I actually notice my skin not being as oily as usual by the end of the day! Also it has an amazingly high SPF.

For my base I will almost always reach for one of my BB creams, this one being my most used. A nice, light almost moussey cream consistency that has a satin finish. A quite light coverage and smooths on easily with fingers. 

Maybelline Fit Me Concealer in Medium
My latest concealer addition. I find it really quick to apply to any spots and scars with the doe foot applicator then blend with the Real Techniques Deluxe Crease Brush. It's a really good shade match, and while the coverage isn't totally full, it's still very good, looks natural and doesn't cling to dry patches.

Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Dark Circle Eraser in Brightener
I don't use this everyday but when I feel like I have any dark circles or my face needs brightening up I reach for this. I apply it underneath my BB cream as it is quite pale and pink. It does a good job of concealing and brightening, and has a lovely thin consistency that blends well and doesn't cake/settle.

The only brow-filler-inner product I own and it's been fulfilling the job now for over a year. A lovely shade for my brows and I find powder looks much more natural than pencil. I use the Real Techniques Brow Brush which is a bit thicker but actually makes the job much quicker. I also forgot to photograph my Essence Lash and Brow Gel Mascara which I use everyday to set them. It's probably for the best actually as my tube is looking pretty gunky!























Rimmel Lash Accelerator Endless Mascara
I don't wear mascara everyday but depending on the weather, I will use this or the L'oreal Telescopic Waterproof mascara. If I want to hold a curl I'll use the L'oreal, but otherwise I've been using this one a lot. I really like the brush as I find it applies the product well by grasping all my lashes - it's not too big either. The formula is very natural and a bit wispy which is generally how I like my mascaras. It slightly lengthens and thickens without clumping. You don't get a lot of volume with this though.

Australis Fresh and Flawless Pressed Powder in Darkest Brown
I tend to powder nearer the end so my face makeup has had a chance to settle into my skin. This powder is really nice and one of the gems available on the Australian drugstore scene. It adds a tad more coverage, mattifies and sets with a satin finish and is a really soft, smooth powder. I think I might be hitting pan on this soon!

I've mentioned this countless times so I'll spare the spiel. It's lovely to warm up the face and put a bit more dimension back into my face without contouring. Depending on whether or not my base is a bit pale for me, I'll either go heavier or lighter with this.

One of my favourite blushes - a beautiful warm pink-peach with a slight golden shimmer that isn't too apparent on the skin. Complements my skin tone well and is just a lovely shade to add a bit of colour to the face. I tend to change up my blush shade quite often, but this one is a fail safe.

I use the Real Techniques Blush Brush for those three powder products.

I always like to coordinate my lip colour with my blush shade and this gloss is a really pretty peachy-pink that goes well with Desk to Date. I tend to apply this lightly so that it's only the slightest wash of colour. The formula is really nice - non-sticky and even slightly moisturising.

18 comments:

  1. That blush looks lovely! And I've been tempted to get that particular Maybelline bb cream but I probs need more coverage. Hehe I can see your shadow! ;) And I really need me some new storage drawers, mine are so full it's hard to close them >.<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you are ever in the market for a lighter coverage base - I defs recommend it. Oh darned reflective glass! Haha :P Mine are gettin preeee full too but also I keep my stuff on my desk and there's little room for more drawers so I really need to curb my spending.

      Delete
  2. I love your muji drawers I want to get some more arcrylic drawers! Where do you get your muji from? I've never looked into buying any although its been something I've been wanting to get! Thanks for your comments on my new blog! I have just read through a few of your posts and they're lovely! I like the look of that dolly wink eyebrow set - I love their liquid eyeliner its my fav!

    http://beautybyjnfr.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually lugged it all the way from Hong Kong :P It recently came to Melbourne though so fingers crossed it'll make it's way to other cities. You're welcome for the comments, your blog is lovely!

      Delete
  3. I have a muji 5-drawer and I love it, if space permits I'd actually get one or two more to store my things better. It's nice to know that the L'oreal telescopic mascara holds a curl, I've tried many of their mascaras before and they just never seem to do the job for my short stubborn asian lashes. I might give this a go the next time i'm at the drugstore! Also, I love it when moisturizers are able to mattify my oily face and keep the oils at bay. I have one Sothy's and it's my favourite! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find that pretty much all waterproof mascaras hold a curl for me (granted, I haven't tried many). It's an okay mascara but not one that I would recommend very highly. I've never heard of that brand, it's probably not sold in Australia :(

      Delete
  4. I want to get a Muji draw! I saw one of their store and didn't know if they were selling it. It was up really high that you needed to ask assistance for. I want to try the Maybelline Fit me concealer so much! Heard great things about it, defs gonna pick it up next time there's a 50% off sale :) x

    Nhi | Miss Blushaholic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucky that you have access to a store! Definitely check them out because I really love mine.

      Delete
  5. Great everyday products! That blush looks lovely and the Real Techniques blush brush is one of my faves! xo

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! All of the RT brushes are my faves haha :)

      Delete
  6. Not allowed to wear makeup?? AUTHORITARIAN REGIME MUCH??
    Ahhh,that blush is so beautiful! I'm currently torn between deciding on whether to add that Maybelline FitMe concealer or the Nars Radiant one to my collection next. Does FitMe set well + stay put throughout the day?

    Vanessa | Citron and Guavaberry ʘ‿ʘ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yeah it's pretty strict yo, but I get away with it with ma 'no makeup' makeup ;)

      I reckon if you can splurge, go for the Nars. I find the Fit me's coverage is more medium and I find it lasts well but can fade a bit throughout the day. Then again, I go lighter with it and don't pack it on.

      Delete
    2. Hrm, that is true though. Plus, I always have such a hard time deciding which shade I am at the drugstore. NARS IT IS

      Delete
  7. i'm sort of down with a no makeup look at schools but i think that's my old lady tendacies coming in. its always weird when i see 13 year olds wearing makeup.. hahah that perspective is a total age thing i think
    but having said that, i think going natural is where it's at anyways and it looks like you're achieving that quite well with these products!
    Jenn
    A Beautiful Zen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's weird seeing younger kinds wearing makeup too...but I don't have a problem with it as long as it's age appropriate.

      Delete
  8. I was quite hesitant on the maybelline BB cream. I didn't have too much hope for it until my extremely picky friend recommended it to me. It's in my most used stash too now ^_^

    LilynotLouise | Beauty and Food

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is an awesome product! It's so easy to slap on in the mornings.

      Delete
  9. Hi Tasha, finally got around to checking out your take on daily makeup :) The MUJI drawers look very elegant btw; my boyfriend is obsessed with that store! Such clean and minimalistic products. My high school had a "no makeup" policy too, but I didn't care too much about it cos I had little interest in makeup back then. Well done for using a product with SPF -- I think suncreen is one of the best ways to care for your skin, especially when you're young. All the best with school this year :)

    ♥ Michelle/MICHALOGY

    ReplyDelete