13/03/2014

The Lipstick Tag

I was recently tagged by Cherie from Cherry Picking, and Monica & Lin from Twoplicates to do the Lipstick tag. Lipstick is probably my second favourite makeup item next to blush, so when I saw this tag floating around I was very eager to do it, so thank you girls for tagging me!

Fun Fact (courtesy of my friend Tam!): In Medieval Europe, lipstick was banned by the church and was thought to be used as an 'incarnation of Satan'. Scandalous!
























1. How many lipsticks do you own?
I was actually a bit afraid to count, but it's not terribly bad - about medium compared to other bloggers' tags I've read. I own 37 lipsticks and my total lip product number comes to 69 (excluding clear lip balms). Considering I only wear about three on any sort of a daily basis, it's definitely too much! Also especially in comparison to other 'normal' girls my age who probably don't even own any lipsticks! I will say though that a lot (basically the whole third row was from my Mum) were handed down, gifted or won in a giveaway so technically I haven't spent too much money on them! I would love to wear all my lipsticks, all the time but considering I'm still in school it's not really possible :S

2. What was the first lipstick you owned?
Apart from my huge Lip Smackers collection that I had when I was little, and the various lip balms along the way, my first lipstick was a hand me down from a GWP from my Mum. She only wears one shade of lipstick (dark red), so any other shade gathered in her drawers until I snatched them up! The first I really loved and started wearing from that bunch was Estee Lauder Signature Lipstick in Venetian Rose.
























3. What is your favourite lipstick brand?
To be honest, I don't think I really have one, but if I had to choose it would probably be MAC. Just because, they have a huge range of colours and finishes where I think there is something for everyone.
























4. What is your most worn lipstick?
Probably Essence All about Cupcake which is a great MLBB, pinky-nude shade that is slightly sheer, slightly glossy and very cheap!
























5. What is your favourite finish?
Something slightly sheer (but still with medium pigment) with a lightweight and creamy texture that is slightly moisturising. Something like the L'oreal Nutri-Shine lipsticks or MAC Cremesheens.

6. What was the last lipstick you bought?
The last lipstick I bought was from my last haul, the Clarins Rouge Hydra Nude lipstick in the shade 04 Nude Caramel. I picked this up on a whim when I saw it for only $10. I have a review of it up here, but the formula is quite similar to the finish mentioned above, and the shade is a lovely peachy-brown-nude.
























7. How many lip products do you currently have in your bag?
Well, considering I don't carry a handbag with me everyday, I can't really answer this question. I do, however, keep my Nivea Lip Butter in my pencil case at school. When I go out, I usually only take my lip balm and the product I'm wearing that day. I'm pretty good with clearing out my bag after - mostly because I'm so anal with my makeup collection, it all has to stay in the one place!
























8. What is your favourite red lip colour?
To be honest, I don't wear red lipsticks very often but in my collection, my favourite has to be Napoleon Perdis Devine Goddess lipstick in shade Aphrodite. It's slightly lighter than it looks in the bullet (it's more like the shade you see in the bottom of the tube), but it's an amazing, bold blue-toned red that looks dayum stunning on. The formula is also super pigmented, but still creamy and long wearing.
























9. How do you store your lipsticks?
I store my lipsticks in a drawer of my Keji 4 drawer set from Officeworks that is cheap, yet mimics other acrylic makeup storage. They lay flat and I'm really weird about having them 'tessellate' (I'm SUCH a nerd), hence why all the rectangular ones are at the front. As you can see though, the drawer is preeeeetty much full up so I think I'll be buying some sort of lipstick holder soon.
























10. Which lipstick(s) are you currently lusting after?
Lots. Of the more high-end spectrum, I've got MAC Crosswires, the YSL Rouge Volupte Shines and the NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencils on my wishlist (and probably countless others that aren't springing to mind right now). On the more realistic side, I can't wait to get my hands on the Revlon Colorburst Matte Balms and the newly reformulated Rimmel Moisture Renew lipsticks.

Gee that tag was pretty fun! I tag Sheri, Vanessa, Yige, Lulu and Nhi if you haven't already done it, and anyone else who would like to!

32 comments:

  1. Great post! I'm such a sucker for lipsticks- own waaay to many- and always love to see what other bloggers have in their stash! That Napoleon Perdis red looks amazing! xo

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't we all...haha lipstick is great because there are so many different shades and finishes to choose from!

      Delete
  2. 37 LIPSTICKS IS STILL A LOT OK I ONLY HAVE 50 BLUSHES WHAT IS AIR.
    Is the second photo a photo of Venetian Rose? Because if it is, then wowzers, that shade is super pretty :D
    I get anal about my collections too, which is why I rarely take my makeup into my bag. BUT, IT HELPS CLEAN OUT THE BAG, RIGHT?
    Thanks for tagging me!! ...but I don't wear lipstick L O L. Also, photography game on-point in this post ;)

    Vanessa | Citron and Guavaberry ʘ‿ʘ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wowowoow 50 blushes is a lot! Haha, you should invent the blush tag! I would totally do that. Yep it is, it's such a pretty peachy-nude shade - I lurve it. Mhmm, I have a particular way of storing things and if there is a bare spot it erks me soooo much lol.
      :( You should start wearing lipstick, expand your makeup wearing life - broaden your horizon!

      Delete
    2. ......osnap. THE BLUSH TAG IS ACTUALLY A REALLY SMART TAG. (I might eventually take a crack at that...and credit you, of course ;) [or, you could start that tag and tag me!])

      Delete
    3. Do take a crack at it, though I might mull over some questions myself...I guess whoever does it first, or we could collaborate? Maybe?

      Delete
  3. Omg I'm scared at how much lipsticks I have... I have a lot of lip products lol. Thanks for tagging me love!! I will definitely do it soon ^___^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, makes you reevaluate your life :P You are welcome, I look forward to reading it!

      Delete
  4. Wow you have a nice collection there! Your drawer is so neat, my lippies are just stacked on top of each other lol. I'm too scared to count mine, but I don't think I have as many as you do! ;)
    Thanks for tagging me girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Haha, I just love being able to see everything laid out. You are welcome!

      Delete
  5. I like how they all fit in your drawer =) I've done the tag as well!
    xxx Kat @ Katness

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's very snug at the moment! I definitely need to make room for some more storage. I saw, I enjoyed reading it :)

      Delete
  6. Great post! (and photos). The Clarins one is pretty!!! I'm trying to find a more flattering nude shade. I'm trying to follow your blog but GFC won't let me =\

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Oh no! I see you followed by Bloglovin' so thank you!

      Delete
  7. nice, you have beautiful colors!!!

    http://sbr-fashion-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay you did the tag! You have such a lovely collection :) Clarins Nude Caramel looks like a perfect everyday colour. I like the tessellated look of my lipsticks draw too but I'm just gunna face the fact that its just not happening with due to some of my oddly shaped lip products!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Mhmm haha, I can mostly manage to make them neat and tidy, and while the non-uniformity annoys me, I like the diversity :)

      Delete
  9. Loved this tag! That first lipstick shade is gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I do love it - it's a shame it's discontinued!

      Delete
  10. hahahaha an "incarnation of satan"... thank you for tagging me but since I don't own many lipsticks, I probably won't be able to do this tag! x

    Yet Another Makeup Blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Certainly were the Dark Ages...You are welcome but that's a shame! You need to get into lipstick - you're missing out!

      Delete
  11. I loved reading your answers and your pictures are stunning! I really need to try out that Essence lipstick - everyone seems to rave about it! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks! You do - it won't be too much of a loss if you don't like it!

      Delete
  12. ahaha imagine what would happen if they ban lipsticks NOW! i feel like your vanessa's lipstick queen version as she is the blush queen :) anywayz i have the same lipsticks on my wishlist. rogue volupte caress pink & nars laos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All of us beauty bloggers would be up in arms! Haha, Vanessa is definitely the blush queen, not sure if I'm the lipstick queen though!

      Delete
  13. thanks for sharing your lipstick collection. all the colors look really nice!

    xx,
    http://felishmichelle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great post! I loooove that Nivea lip butter... smells amazing!

    xo Brianna | Glazed Over

    ReplyDelete
  15. Another fun fact, if you wore lipstick in ancient Rome, it meant that you were a prostitute. Also which lipstick is that in your second photo? Is it the Estee Lauder one? Because it's gorgeous! x

    Daphne | subgenre of a dream | bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dayum it was not a good time to be a lipstick lover! Yes that is the Estee Lauder lippy - it's such a lovely, wearable shade!

      Delete
  16. Loved reading this tag - your lipstick stash is gorgeous! x

    Evelyn @ We Were Raised By Wolves

    ReplyDelete