18/08/2014

NOTD // Salmon & Avocado

Y'all know peachy-pink is one of my favourite colours, especially in beauty! I decided to pull out what I declare one of my favourite nail polishes (though I don't wear it enough!) - Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure in Get Juiced. I decided to pair it with Sinful Colors Pistache and only until they were on my nails did I realise the colour combo was very reminiscent of salmon and avocado! My favourite sushi flavour, mmm...

























































































I decided to do a 'trigger accent' manicure, where the index and middle fingers are painted with a different colour. Although this is a very simple manicure, I really loved it! Both polishes have a creamy finish, and are very Springy shades. 

Pistache is a pistachio-avocado green with a pretty good formula. It takes two coats to reach full opacity, the formula can be a little bit chalky going on and while it dries shiny, I felt like a slick of top coat really finished it off. Get Juiced is a stunning, saturated, juicy peachy pink, that really does look like fleshy salmon (eck, fleshy is a really gross word) haha! The formula of this polish is ace, goes on really smoothly and took two coats for full opacity. It almost looks a bit like a gel manicure? 

I really loved this manicure, it combined so many of my favourite things haha! What are your thoughts on my foodie mani?

No comments:

Post a Comment