02/02/2015

Dem Cheeks be Poppin'

Arguably the cutest blush, with the most repetitive name; Clinique's Cheek Pop Blush Pops certainly made a splash in the beauty community with their release last year. The general consensus is that these have a very unique, almost cream-like formula, and of course, you can't go past the adorable gerbera embossing. I managed to pick up Peach Pop at a discounted price and here are my thoughts...







L-R: Swatched, Blended

Like a lot of Clinique products, it's packaged awesomely. It's a completely clear, plastic compact which you can see the colour through both the bottom and top. Although it's plastic, it doesn't feel or look cheap at all because of it's thickness and slight weightiness!

Described by Clinique as being a "vibrant yet natural-looking cheek colour that looks virtually powderless. In a silky smooth, stay-true formula with shades for every skin tone. That just-pinched look, simply effortless", I have to say I completely agree. The actual texture of this blush is quite hard, similar I guess to the Tarte Amazonian Clay blushes. It really doesn't kick up a lot of powder and you have to really swirl your brush in the pan to pick up enough product. I find dense brushes like the Real Techniques Multi Task Brush work best, or even the Real Techniques Stippling Brush. Pigmentation is pretty average, but what you want in a blush; pigmented, but sheer to the point that you probably won't overdo it. When applied to the cheeks, it just applies like a sheer flush of colour, and looks incredibly natural. Peach Pop really doesn't have any noticeable shimmer to it, but it just has the slightest glowy sheen that just looks natural and undetectable on the skin. The Tarte blushes on the other hand look like pretty typical powder blushes on the skin. I can see where people are coming from when they say they apply like cream blushes in that they just meld and look like skin, but without the dewiness of a cream. I also find the lasting power to be better than average as well!

Peach Pop is a typical "me", medium peachy-pink shade. There's a reason I absolutely love shades like these. They just complement my skin tone so well, give life and colour to my face (naturally) without making me look ruddy or red. Definitely a dependable shade that I know I can sweep on and it'll most likely go with everything!

Also, all I can think of when I use this blush is:


Community fans with me??

So basically, the Clinque Cheek Pops are pretty rad blushes and Peach Pop is definitely one that's been getting some love from me lately! It ain't just a pretty face!

Have you tried the Cheek Pops?

S H O P  T H E  P O S T  >>