23/03/2015

NOTD // A few Ulta3 Polishes

A little while ago I was lucky enough to win a prize from Tried and Tested blog (thanks so much Snezana!) which was a massive box of (15!) Ulta3 nail polishes! Ulta3 is actually one of my favourite nail polish brands. They have a wide and diverse range of shades, great quality and super cheap at only a few dollars a bottle! The only sucky thing is that it can be hard to find a particular shade since they're display is pretty much just a bin full of nail polish. Needless to say though, they take up the majority of my nail polish collection! I've been slowly trying each of the new shades I won, and decided to share a few!


Lotsa Fun
Apologies for the gross red shiz around my nails - staining from the previous polish I was wearing! This shade is a stunner though. It's a super deep, almost black, navy blue - opaque in two coats. I didn't have a shade like this in my collection previously, so I'm so happy to have received it! For this mani I used a bit of Face of Australia Studio 54 in a glitter gradient on my ring and thumb fingernails. I really loved this mani, and it lasted SO well! Like a week with barely any tipwear! For all my manis I used the Revlon Colourstay top coat, which sadly has just bitten the bullet, way too gloopy to use now!

Lilac Bloom
Another shade I didn't really have in my collection. Lilac Bloom is such a pretty, delicate and understated shade. It's a pale grey-purple that goes along with that "almost white" nail trend. I just loved how pretty this looked on my nails and I got a few compliments on it too! Excellent formula and wear time on this guy as well :)

Tahiti
In true neon fashion, it's not quite showing up colour correct on my computer! It's quite an intense orange/coral neon shade which won't be to everyone's taste, but I do love it for the right occasion! Formula was good in two coats, and like basically all other neon formulas, it does dry to a rubbery/satin finish so topcoat is needed for shine! I accented this mani with Ulta3 Stop the Press which is an awesome black and white glitter.

No doubt I'll have more NOTDs featuring Ulta3 polishes in the future. Do you guys like Ulta3 polishes? Any particular fave shades?