16/03/2015

Poppy Para-Para-Paradise

Josie Maran Cosmetics is a brand I've heard a lot about, and have been wanting to try for a long time! Model Josie Maran created her cosmetics brand in an effort to create makeup that wasn't toxic for the skin, but rather, good for it. She incorporates Argan oil throughout all of her products, and it's definitely one of the main reasons I'm so drawn to her brand! When they made their arrival into Mecca stores around Australia, I was more than keen to pick up one of their cult products, the Coconut Watercolor Cheek Gelee, of which I got the shade Poppy Paradise









L-R: Swatched, Blended

The packaging of this blush is very cute, it comes in a small glass pot that is very much akin to the Maybelline Colour Tattoos. The lid of the product is the same colour as the blush itself which is always something I can appreciate since I have so many blushes!

The product itself is very unique, both in my collection and on the market! I'd say it's between a cream blush and a liquid stain, but its name Cheek Gelee really sums it up. The texture is quite hard to describe; it feels quite balmy to the touch but it leaves quite a matte/satin finish on the skin, there's nothing notably dewy or shiny about it. It smoothes on really easily both with fingers and a brush (I like the Real Techniques Stippling Brush - of course) which gives it a bit of a siliconey sensation, in my opinion. While all of the shades look quite bright and intimidating, it's nothing to be scared of as the formula is very sheer. Comprised of 50% coconut water, the pigment is sheer and translucent. When applied, it really lets your skin below shine through, barely tinting the skin and giving such a pretty flush! The description on the box really sums it up to a tee! I think no matter what shade you have, the effect is going to be so pretty and natural! They claim 14 hour wear though, which I don't completely agree with. I do find it stains to the slightest degree and I would say it has surprisingly good lasting power, though not more than 8 hours on me, I don't think! It also depends on how much you apply.

Poppy Paradise was the one shade that really called to me, while the shade range is quite unique, I think they'd all be super wearable! In the pot, Poppy Paradise looks like an insane bright red, but due to the sheer formula, it really comes out as a bright-ish coral/pink/red. Very pretty, and surprisingly unique in my collection. It looks super natural on my skin, and makes for an amazing Spring/Summer cheek product!

This Cheek Gelee has indeed surpassed my expectations! I just adore Josie's ethos for her brand, and that all of her products are quite unique, and really well thought out. I definitely want to try more from her brand, particularly the Coconut eyeshadows! Damn the rose gold shade for always being out of stock! Another bonus is that her products are really reasonably priced in Mecca and Kit! The Watercolor Cheek Gelee retails for AUD$27 for 5.1g of product.

Have you tried anything from Josie Maran Cosmetics?