11/05/2015

18 Things in 18 Years

Whelp, it's my birthday today. I'm officially 18 and I can finally get lewse without society constantly getting in my way! Lol jks, I'm still a homebody with no life. But IT'S A WHOLE NEW WORLD OUT THERE. This post was heavily inspired by Sheri's...yeah, not gonna lie, I basically copied, hope ya don't mind! ;) (YOU JUST SO INSPIRATIONAL, GURL). But yeah, I rarely do reflective/personal posts on here, mainly because I hate talking about myself, but I thought I'd share a few random morsels I've gathered hither and thither over the years. It's a bit of a hodge podge of advice, things I've learnt, things about me and facts about LIFE. 


1. There’s always room for chips. Seriously, no matter how full I am, I can always shove more chips into my face.

2. NEVER forget your headphones when leaving the house. You will question the purpose of life in endless boredom and despair for the rest of the day.

3. If brown dots appear on your wall, don’t ignore them. They are most likely SPIDER EGGS THAT WILL HATCH INTO AN INFESTATION OF BABY SPIDERS. EVERYWHERE. (Yeah…that was a scarring experience, and maybe Australia-specific).

4. Living the Asian life means grabbing free stuff in bulk. Napkins? Check. Lil’ soy sauce fishies? Check. Any buffet where you can take the food and stuff it in your bag? Check.

5. I can see Future Tasha damning Past Tasha for procrastinating hardcore, and yet Present Tasha still does it.

6. There’s never a wrong time to reference geeky things.

7. Don’t forget your glasses if they’re not on your face. I’ve done this many a time.

8. Public transport is unreliable as heck. They’re always late when you’re 10 minutes early, but that one time you get there ON time, it’s already left.

9. There’s no shame in getting most of your news from “trending” on Facebook. 

10. Don’t mistreat your textbooks. Those b*tches are expensive and you can sell them secondhand. I’m pretty thrifty, if I do say so myself. One time, some spoilt bish in highschool THREW HER ATLAS IN THE BIN. And you know what, I fished that shiz out and sold it for $50. Hell yeah.

11. My plans for school holidays basically entail deciding which show(s) I’ll start binge watching. 

12. Don’t be afraid to doggy bag your leftovers at a restaurant, especially at a cafĂ© or in the case of using your own doggy bag, if y’all know what I’m sayin’ ;) (lunch boxes and serviettes, that’s what I’m saying). Might make you look povo, but hey, food for later plus not wasting your money.

13. Shirt and sock tans are the worst. At least my arms are a gradient, my ankles? THE DIFFERENCE IS LIKE NIGHT AND DAY.

14. You know you have a tight group of friends when you start using each other’s crazy slang.

15. The sim version of me is more successful than I’ll ever be. (That rhymed #poetdidntevenknowit)

16. True friendship is telling it like it is, including shutting down stupid ideas and crushing each other’s hopes and dreams. Maybe that’s an over exaggeration, but I’m just being realistic ;)

17. Drinking lots of water is all well and good, except when you have to PEE EVERY 5 SECONDS.

18. To quote Daniel Radcliffe, “If you’re going to be obsessed with something, being obsessed with a series of books or films is pretty good. Some people are obsessed with heroin.” Words to live by.

I hope you guys liked this post! Pleeeease let me know if you can relate to any of these haha, OR AM I ALONE IN THIS?!?? Well, I'm off to get TURNT UP. I kid, I kid. I've got MORE IMPORTANT THINGS TO DO. Like watch tv STUDY.