04/05/2015

Put the Shadow in the Coconut...

...And drink it all up! Well, in this case, you put it on your eyes. I'm talkin' bout Josie Maran's Coconut Watercolor Eye Shadow which I have in the shade Rio de Rose Gold. I've been wanting to get my hands on this product for so long, but just my luck, just when I was ready to buy, this shade decided to be perpetually out of stock! I finally got my hands on it a few weeks ago, and am here to dish out the dirt...the very pretty, metallic dirt at that ;)







L-R: Swatched, Blended

What is definitely most unique and eye-catching about this product is that it is a liquid shadow, comprised of a layer of coconut water, and a layer of argan-infused pigments. Coconut water in an eyeshadow? Now that's hella cool! It's hard to believe that something 50% water is so damn pigmented, but more on that later. When left alone, it will settle into the two layers, so it's essential to shake it up before using it! It's packaged up in a little glass bottle, with a doe-foot applicator and a cap that looks like it should belong to dropper. The doe-foot is pretty large and flat and holds a decent amount of product, so I always tend to scrape some off before I use it.

Now let's get talking formula...just look how damn pigmented it is! The swatches are pretty accurate in that, when just swiped straight on, it's incredibly opaque and metallic. It also pulls a little more pink, whereas when blended and sheered out, it pulls more copper-rose gold. It's shiny and metallic, but never glittery or over the top. Either way, GORG. Josie Maran claims that this liquid shadow will hydrate the eyelids, "like a refreshing sip of coconut water". While my eyelids aren't dry - quite the opposite really, they oily! - I can't say this "hydrated" my lids, but it definitely didn't dry 'em out! When applied, it definitely feels cooling and watery, but it doesn't run all over the place actually. Despite being half water, the texture definitely thickens up a little when combined. I tend to just pop it all over my eyelid, and blend the edges. It blends easily with fingertips to a diffused edge, it's really easy to work with considering it's a liquid shadow! I don't notice it "setting" on my lids, or turning dry and uncomfortable, but it definitely does set because man, this stuff does not budge. Seriously! This HAS to be the longest wearing eyeshadow I own! Usually everything will crease by the end of the day on me, except my fave "sandwich" combo (primer + cream + powder). But, this guy with just primer, LASTS ALL DAY! No creasing, and it still looks just as metallic and shiny as when I applied it!

Beautiful shade and finish. Outstanding lasting power. Easy to work with. WHAT MORE COULD YOU WANT?! This eyeshadow is kind of a gamechanger. I could seriously wear this everyday, and would definitely love to get my hands on more shades...They retail for AUD$22 from Mecca Maxima/Kit cosmetics, which isn't too bad for a high end brand! 10/10 would recommend ;)

Have you tried any liquid eyeshadows?