06/11/2015

The Quintessential Mauve Lip

Mauve lips have had a massive surge thanks to one and only, Kylie Jenner. Deeper mauves, cool toned browns, browns in GENERAL have all become incredibly trendy. There are a plethora of those lipstick shades out there now! I have a few products to share today that fit right into that family, the Bare Minerals Marvelous Moxie Lip Trio in Mauve. The set itself is limited edition but the three full size products it contains are permanent! It includes their Marvelous Moxie lip liner in Thrilledlipstick in Break Away and lipgloss in Smooth Talker. I'm already quite the fan of their lipsticks, so keep reading to find out my thoughts on their other two lip products!







L-R: Thrilled, Break Away, Smooth Talker, Break Away + Smooth Talker

Marvelous Moxie lipliner in Thrilled
Their lip liners come packaged in a twist up pencil but also contains a sharpener on the other end. I really like the packaging actually! The colour is displayed on the tip and it even has a little grippy section to make application all the more easy ;) The lip liner itself is quite dry, it's not super pigmented or creamy. That being said, its dryness would lend well to overdrawing the lips - which I don't do - but lasts a really long time and has a lovely matte finish. I actually don't find this to be terribly drying either, though I haven't worn it alone much. Thrilled is a lovely medium brown-toned mauve. It goes well underneath pretty much any colour in the nude/brown/mauve family!

Marvelous Moxie lipstick in Break Away
I've already talked about the Marvelous Moxie lipstick formula here, but to sum up: incredibly creamy, super pigmented, very comfortable on the lips, non drying and long lasting! Doesn't that just sound like the perfect lipstick?! I must say, the formula of these lipsticks has really become one of my favourites! Break Away is a step deeper than the typical MLBB mauves that I have in my collection, which is what I like about it! It's pretty much straight up mauve, though there is a bit of plum and brown in there. It's such an amazing Autumnal lipstick, but really is wearable for whenever!

Marvelous Moxie lipgloss in Smooth Talker
Unexpectedly, this is actually the product I've been getting the most wear out of! Bare Minerals' gloss formula is unlike any other I have. It's quite thick so there is a stickiness - but it's tolerable - and it has a minty feeling on the lips. I suppose it's meant to be plumping but I don't really notice much. The minty feeling isn't overwhelming at all and I actually find it quite pleasant! Due to the slight stickiness, it's fairly long lasting for a gloss! Smooth Talker isn't really mauve at all, but it pairs well with the other products and really transforms their shade. It's a warm pink with a fine gold shimmer - think NARS Orgasm! The gold shimmer really translates as a sheen, adding plumpness and life to the lips! This shade has decent pigmentation but is pretty sheer, which is generally how I prefer my glosses!

Marvelous Moxie lipgloss in Smooth Talker

Marvelous Moxie lipliner in Thrilled + lipstick in Breakaway

Once again, Bare Minerals has delivered! Seriously - this brand needs more hype! All of these lip products have amazing formulas and super wearable shades, I definitely recommend checking them out! I've also managed to get a sample of the Complexion Rescue and I love it (as expected), so that's next on my list!

Have you tried any of Bare Minerals' lip products?