31/03/2016

Monthly Favourites // March 2016

It's that time again, and as always - it's here way too quick! March has been mostly me getting back into the daily struggle routine of Uni lyfe. MUCH EXCITE THO - we adopted a puppy! My dad has been looking for a dog for a while and visited the pound over the weekend and found one! She is a four month old Kelpie x Cattle dog and we've named her Peppa :P She will be making her Instagram debut soon (to make an account for her though, or nah?) (EDIT: I made her an account! @peppathekelpie) I'm sure! She is quite chill and well behaved, and not too jumpy or aggressive which is great - she's settling in really well! Anyway, back to the makeups - I have quite a few faves and almost all of them are from my USA haul (see here and here), as I predicted! Let's jump in!




It Cosmetics Your Skin But Better CC+ Cream in Medium
I pretty much knew I was gonna love this - all the reviews I'd read described it as a moisturising, creamy base but with amazing coverage. That pretty much sums it up! Depending on how much I build it or method of application, I can achieve a solid medium + coverage. The finish is quite creamy and moisturised-looking and on my combo/oily skin, it's almost a bit too dewy! I definitely need to set it with a powder. In terms of lasting power, it doesn't fade or break up on me, but oil does come through as I don't think it ever really sets down itself. Regardless, it's super comfortable, has a lovely natural glowy finish with awesome coverage!

Soap & Glory One Heck of a Blot
Speaking of setting the face, I've had to bring out the big guns! Since the CC cream gives such good coverage, I don't tend to need a coloured powder to give the extra bump of coverage. This translucent powder is probably the most mattifying in my collection so it's been helping make my base last just that little bit longer! Though it mattifies really well, my skin never looks dry or cakey. It still looks satin and natural and is truly translucent!

Milani Baked Blush in Luminoso
Aaah and the cult fave is finally mine. When swatched, this doesn't seem like the most pigmented, and it's also quite pale. I was scared it wouldn't show up on me like Benefit Coralista, but actually when applied, it gives a gorgeous, youthful, peachy-glowy flush. I absolutely adore it and though it's not terribly different from other peachy-pink blushes in my (vast) collection, there's still something special about it!

Morphe E4 Brush
I've pretty much been using this brush exclusively for my blush this month. I've come to really adore angled brushes for blush! This one is slightly different from my Zoeva one, it's a little bit bigger, and cut a bit more flat which allows for good coverage of the cheek area. It's still fairly controlled in how much it applies though, but something about it just seems faster and easier to both tap and sweep blush on the cheeks. The bristles are really soft and it feels well made - especially compared to the non "elite" brushes from Morphe

up & up Complexion set - highlighting brush
up & up is the Target home brand in the US and from what I've heard from US Youtubers - they do pretty dang good brushes! I'd have to agree as they seem like good, no fuss brushes with pretty soft hairs! Out of the few highlighter brushes I purchased, this has been my favourite! The shape is super similar to the Anastasia one - basically a tiny paddle type brush that's a bit fluffy at the top. Because the bristles are a bit more concentrated (not too splayed and fluffy), it applies highlighter very specifically but still blends and diffuses it well. 


Morphe 350 Palette
Of course this sucker is in my favourites! I've been using quite a few different eye shadows this month, but this palette has definitely been most reached for, even as an accompaniment to other shadows. The formula is definitely as good as everyone says; very pigmented and fairly easy to blend. They don't feel as creamy or buttery as higher end shadows, but you can't deny they perform well. Surprisingly I've been mostly reaching for the mattes - the shimmers are nice too but there aren't a lot of shimmery shades in there that I go for on a daily basis. The matte, warm shades though have been my absolute LIFE. I pretty much use them to build up the crease/transition and add depth. I have been loving the all matte eye, though sometimes I will add a shimmery lid colour...

H&M Eye Shadow in Baci De Dama
Such as this one! I picked this up after hearing Lily and Kathleen raving about it - and they were right! This is, like, the perfect lid colour! It's somewhere between gold and beige, almost mushroom-y and it has such a pretty, fine, satin-shimmer finish. It's such a great shade for everyday as it's really not overpowering and will go with pretty much anything!

NYX Micro Brow Pencil in Black
I mentioned in my haul that I didn't love this, but I've definitely given it a proper go now and I really like it! The colour is a little bit too "black" (as opposed to ashy-brown-grey) but still suits me well. The nib is super fine and the texture is fairly dry and light, which I prefer as if a pencil is too creamy, it's easy to go overboard! The end result is a fairly natural, but very defined brow!


Maybelline Creamy Matte Lipstick in Clay Crush
In terms of lipstick, I've been chopping and changing a lot since y'know, I bought SO MANY. Clay Crush is definitely one of my favourite of the new additions, although I've only worn it like three times. Firstly, the formula is awesome and I totally want to get more shades in the next big sale! It's pigmented and creamy, but has a matte finish that isn't drying! Like most other lipsticks, this will accentuate dry/flakiness though. The colour is quite unique - though not unique compared to my new lipsticks haha - it's a peachy nude, but strong on the peach. It's almost like a pale terra cotta and I LOVE.

L'oreal Infallible Pro Matte Gloss in Bare Attraction
I picked up two of these and I have to say I'm so impressed with the formula! It's like a slightly moussey-balmy liquid but feels super lightweight on the lips, and has a matte-satin finish. It ISN'T a matte liquid lipstick and does not dry down which means it will transfer but isn't at all drying. They are so comfortable! Plus, the darker shade I have stained the lips a little, so lasting power is pretty dang good! Bare Attraction is very similar to Clay Crush but probably closer to a traditional browny-peachy-nude. Super flattering!


Daredevil Season 2
SO DD DROPPED THIS MONTH AND OBVIOUSLY IT'S A FAVE. I literally watched the whole season in three days and OH MY GOD. THIS SHIT IS GEEEEWWWDD. Totally liked it better than season 1. Even though season 1 was probably better like season/story-wise, the new characters of season 2 (The Punisher and Elektra) just STOLE MY HEART. God I love them so much. The action was INSANE and I just, IT WAS SO GOOD AND YOU MUST WATCH. 

So March was a pretty jam-packed month, and I ain't lookin' forward to April what with all that assessment I have piling up...anyway, I hope y'all had a great month and let me know what you've been loving! AND WATCH DAREDEVIL

No comments:

Post a Comment