30/01/2017

Monthly Favourites // January 2017

We made it fam, one out of twelve months are done and dusted...and I can't quite believe it! My January has been quite productive and sufficiently exciting, and is hopefully indicative of a good year ahead! Beauty-wise, it hasn't been too eventful but there are definitely a few things I have to talk about!





Fairydrops Scandal Queen Quattro Mascara
It has been too long since I last talked about a new mascara. What can I say...I milk 'em till they're dry and definitely way past their three month use by date... Anyway! I got my hands on this ages ago when everyone was raving about the Scandal Queen mascara (the one in the light pink metallic tube) but have only just recently opened it. My mum got it for me when she was in Hong Kong and it was the only Fairydrops one she could find. I'm thoroughly enjoying it and it has reaffirmed my love for Asian mascaras. It gives length and flutteriness, holds a curl and doesn't smudge! The bobble wand is definitely something to get used to but it actually works quite well.

NYX Lip Lingerie in Bedtime Flirt
I actually loved this mostly through December but have also been using it in January. I honestly didn't know how I was going to feel about these because I'd seen a couple of mixed reviews but I really like it. To be honest I haven't yet tried the other (darker) shade I bought, but Bedtime Flirt wears excellently and is really comfortable on the lips. It's a medium warm, pinky-brown nude shade that has good coverage with only a light layer which definitely adds to how comfortable it is on the lips. It isn't drying and doesn't look thick and concrete-like on the lips. My only niggle is that I can sometimes get that white ring towards the end of the day which kind of sucks but it isn't too obvious!

MAC Spirit Lipstick (Satin)
I just wrote about this lipstick here so I won't dwell on it. It's just another nude I've been loving (typical) but it's actually more on the cooler, beige side which is a tiny change for me!

Wet n Wild Megaglo Highlighting Powder in Precious Petals
After hearing so many great things about this highlighter, I was so excited to have it in my collection and it does not disappoint! Precious Petals is a gorgeous pinky-golden-champagne shade that is so flattering. The formula is quite shiny and catches the light beautifully, but isn't crazy metallic or glittery. That being said, you can wear it lightly or go IN for an intense highlight! It has a super beautiful soft and pigmented formula that definitely rivals its high-end counterparts!


Hylamide C25 Booster
I haven't spoken about this serum at all on the blog actually, but I've been using it every night for the past few months! I can't say I noticed an immediate difference, but I definitely think it has slowly helped even my skintone and fade dark spots. Vitamin C is such a great skincare ingredient so it's definitely a welcome addition to my routine! The formula of this serum is so nice though! It's like a very lightweight oil (that doesn't feel oily) and absorbs almost instantly into the skin. I think every skin type could use this!

Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate
After years, and YEARS of wanting to try this serum/oil - I finally got my hands on it! By some miracle, my sister's friend got a new skincare routine and was getting rid of her old stuff, and amongst it was a basically full bottle of this shiz. Safe to say I snapped it UP. I've gotta say, it may live up to all of the glowing reviews! It's such a lovely lightweight oil that has amazing ingredients. It leaves my skin feeling plump and moisturised and I think it's given it a glow! Still need to use it for a bit longer but it's looking good y'all.

How were your Januaries and what did you love during the month!?

S H O P  T H E  P O S T  >>

No comments:

Post a Comment