14/08/2017

Empties #14

Another quarter, another empties. As usual, I've gone through quite a bit of skincare and body products, but pretty much no makeup! I'll keep this intro short and jump right in because we all know these posts can tend to get quite long!





Simple Kind to Skin Cleansing Facial Wipes
These used to be my favourite face wipes - I've used up like three packs but I've since discovered the Swisspers Spa range which in comparison are so much softer and more moist! These Simple ones feel scratchy to me now! They are good though but no longer a fave. 
Repurchase? Nope.

DHC Olive Energy Cleansing Oil
Now I had about half of this travel bottle filled with cleansing oil from sachets. Yep I had so many sachets that they managed to fill a decent amount of a bottle! I really enjoyed this cleansing oil though - it removed makeup excellently and emulsified and washed off really cleanly.
Repurchase? Definitely would in the future!

I really, really liked this cleansing balm. I wrote a whole post about it and compared it to the Clinique Take the Day Off Cleansing Balm. Since that post, I think I've decided I prefer the Clinique. I feel it is slightly more effective at removing makeup, spreads a bit easier and is cleaner to wash off. That being said, the Elemis does feel quite a bit more nourishing.
Repurchase? Probably not - there are other cleansing balms I like more.

I also really liked this cleanser! Elemis certainly does produce high quality products - which is the least you would expect from such a pricey brand! That being said, I don't know that this did too much for me. Being a cleanser, it isn't on the skin for long and therefore won't effect any drastic change to the skin. It was lovely to use though - I used it as my morning cleanse and it was refreshing but not drying at all.
Repurchase? No.

BareMinerals Skinlongevity Vital Power Infusion
I received this little sample in a Beauty Loop box and it actually lasted me a decent amount of time - like at least 3 weeks! I really enjoyed this as a morning serum - it's lightweight and absorbed really quickly. It's predominantly a hydrating serum and will supposedly boost radiance. I didn't notice a huge difference but my skin did like it. One of the major ingredients is Niacinamide which I think works well for me!
Repurchase? Maybe in the future, though it is a little pricey. 

Another hydrating serum that I really enjoyed. It's one of those hyaluronic acid type serums that helps rehydrate the skin. I found it did that really well, and there's not much more to say!
Repurchase? I actually already have a backup!

It's not a shiwashiful empties unless I go through a face oil right? (and an Effaclar Duo, but shock! horror! I actually haven't finished my current one yet haha). Anyway, this one was really lovely and the 50mL bottle lasted me aeons! Not too much difference between this and other rosehip oils - absorbed well, moisturised and gradually helped even my skin tone!
Repurchase? Got a few face oils to go through right now, but would in the future!

I think I featured this in a favourites, it's a really lovely night cream! I found it to be really nourishing, and yet it absorbed really well and quickly, and didn't leave my skin feeling greasy or weighed down.
Repurchase? Possibly in the future!


Tresemme Perfectly (un)Done Weightless Shampoo
Sheesh this lasted me so long! And I'm not finished with the Conditioner yet (nearly!). I really like this shampoo. I have relatively healthy and short hair so I don't need crazy nourishing hair products. This shampoo helps add a tiny bit of texture and volume to my otherwise thick and weighed down hair. Obviously though, with my dead-straight hair, it doesn't give me a cute tousled textured look :( Also, it can be a little bit drying on my scalp in some parts, but I think that's just me.
Repurchase? Already have.

I'm lucky to have discovered another holy grail! I've spoken about it before, but during the winter time, I can tend to get areas of dryness and itchy skin, particularly on my hands. It's weird, they're not a rash but they are itchy. No hand cream or balm has seemed to work on it, until this! I use this for a couple of nights and the itchiness is gone - soothed and moisturised! 
Repurchase? Already have! Don't think I could be without it now :P

I did really enjoy this body butter, but I'd call it more of a body lotion! It was really hydrating and smoothing, but absorbed really quickly so it was perfect for summer! That being said, I feel like I went through this really quickly!
Repurchase? Probably not right now or any time soon, but it is really lovely.

Coconut Revolution Coconut Body Cream
Not much to say about this - it was decently moisturising. I'm not a huge fan of coconut scents though so this wasn't the best for me haha! I also found the texture a little weird - it was like whipped but almost felt a wee bit lumpy in parts.
Repurchase? Nah.

Another coconut product! The scent/taste was bearable on this one though - not overly coconutty. I really like these! I finished another one in my last empties, so I'm down to my last tube! It's just a good everyday, lightweight lip balm that is quite moisturising.
Repurchase? I would once I finish my last tube!

By Terry Baume de Rose
I might have only had a teensy weensy sample but I tried it! The famed Baume de Rose! And I have to admit...it was lovely. But no ways could I justify dropping that much money on a lip balm!
Repurchase? Noooooooo.

Essence Lash & Brow Gel Mascara
Ah the good old Essence clear mascara. Good mems. This is my second tube and it's a great uber budget option. But I've moved on to greener pastures - this one's a bit too wet for me and doesn't actually do too much to set the brows.
Repurchase? No. The NYX one is way more effective!

S H O P  T H E  P O S T  >>

*Products gifted for consideration.

No comments:

Post a Comment