06/11/2017

Monthly Favourites // October 2017

I'm a wee bit late with my October favourites, but they're comin' at ya hot! I have just a small selection of favourites to share with you guys for the month - mostly new products though that I picked up in my recent collective haul! Like I said in that post - I'm free now! Yay! I've officially finished my assessment for this semester so four months of holidays - here I come! Hopefully that will also mean more (+ more regular) content and blog posts for you guys - but don't hold me to it... ;)




The Ordinary Coverage Foundation in 2.0YG
As mentioned, I just hauled this recently and I've only worn it about three times. Now since I haven't properly tested it with a range of primers/powders, I must say I was quite impressed on the days I wore it. Firstly, I'm in love with the coverage and finish! I wouldn't say it's full coverage, more of a medium-buildable and it has such a lovely natural finish - not fully matte, but a slight soft satin. With the The Ordinary High Adherence Silicone Primer it held up really well - oil came through but actually not as much as usual when I wear a foundation for 8+ hours. It didn't break up or patch off and my skin definitely still looked decent by the end of a long day! Very impressed for the price.

Covergirl Outlast All Day Concealer in Fair*
I've been using this throughout October and really enjoying it. The colour is really nice for brightening up my under eyes. It's highlighting but still has a yellow-tone that blends well with my skin. I find it has really good coverage (better than my Maybelline Fit Me) and a nice satin finish (though I don't tend to notice since I set well with a powder). I'm not sure this is particularly long-wearing as it claims, but it definitely wears well - no creasing and it's still there at the end of the say. I'm not the biggest fan of the packaging though, I'd much prefer a doe foot!

Essence Make Me Brow in 02
I recently finished up my Benefit Gimme Brow and as much as I loved it, there was no way I was repurchasing such a tiny amount of product for such a high price. I'd heard that the Essence brow mascara was an excellent dupe and it's SO cheap (I also grabbed it in the 40% off sale so even better!). I must say, I really like this, maybe moreso than Benefit?! I'm not sure if it's because my Gimme Brow had dried out, but Make Me Brow is definitely wetter (but not too wet) and less fibrous. So, it doesn't build up as much volume or give as "fluffy" a look, but I feel like it actually sets the brows better and still adds good thickness and colour to the brows. Thoroughly recommend!

Fenty Beauty Gloss Bomb Universal Lip Luminizer
So, I'm not a huge gloss person, but something about the Gloss Bomb stuck out to me and really made me want it. It seems to be the one Fenty product that almost everyone either really likes or loves, so it seemed like a safe bet! It is a really great gloss - as great as a gloss can be. It's not earth shattering, but I like it a lot! Firstly, I love the packaging! It's so cute, chubby and chunky - plus the geometric pentagonal tube tickles my fancy. The fat doe foot is great for quickly and easily applying it in one swipe! Texture-wise, it is definitely on the thicker/stickier side of things (keep in mind I have low tolerance for stickiness), but it's definitely not a problem for me. My lips don't goop together or create gloss strings (an absolute no-no). This texture is what allows for the gloss to be SO shiny though - definitely the glossiest gloss I own. It really makes the lips look plump and glassy. Colour-wise, it's a very sheer nude-rose-brown with a slight silver shimmer. It's very much an MLBB that really will suit everyone!


Petit Bonheur Mugunghwa Brightening Serum*
I've been using this for the past few months and it's been a great addition to my skincare routine! One of it's primary ingredients is niacinamide which supposedly helps with brightening and fading scars, etc and while I haven't noticed drastic results, I definitely think it's helping to make a difference. The texture is a bit thicker and more viscous but it absorbs instantly making it the perfect morning serum.  

Guess 1981*
I've been using this fragrance a bit more over the last month and I really enjoy it. It's a very light fragrance (which is definitely up my street, I can't deal with heady, heavy scents) that is both fresh and sophisticated. It has notes like pear, cedar and musk which I think I detect. I'd probably describe it as a musky floral? But the crispness of the pear definitely comes through!

At this point I probably would have included Thor: Ragnarok in my favourites but... I haven't seen it yet! Waaaaaah [insert crying emojis]. I'll be seeing it tomorrow (finally!!!) and I'm so excited! I hope I love it, I mean I have such high expectations I hope it meets them. It might be in my November faves haha, and probably in my end of year movie favourites!

*Products gifted for consideration

No comments:

Post a Comment