01/12/2017

Monthly Favourites // November 2017

Annnnnd it's Christmas. How we managed to get here so quickly baffles me, and there's no doubt December will go even quicker! As a retail worker, December and Christmastime are not the greatest (I'm dead sick of Christmas carols by the time Christmas actually happens), but at least I'll be keeping busy. Not a whole lot of new favourites this month, but all amazing products (+ a movie fave!)!




My last post was a review of this palette - with full swatches - so I'll keep it short here. I really like this palette! It has an amazing shade range with some unique, colourful shades mixed in with wearable neutral and warm shades, ultimately making it easy for me to experiment with new colours and looks! The formula is very good and easy to work with and I love the diversity of eyeshadow looks you can achieve with this!

bareMinerals GEN NUDE Matte Liquid Lipcolour in Slay
I've had this for a little while but still haven't mentioned it on the blog! I really like it though - in fact I lost it for a hot minute there and was fully prepared to repurchase it, which says a lot! Firstly, the formula is really lovely. It's definitely more of a moussey consistency liquid lipstick, but it does actually dry to a matte finish. It retains some moisture and is extremely comfortable on the lips, and is therefore not completely transfer-proof. That being said, it's still really long wearing, but not drying. Slay is the perfect cool-toned, blush pink nude. I'm obsessed with this shade in fashion (#millenialpink), so it was only right that I get some makeup to match. This is my go to for when I'm wearing any slightly cooler-toned (think mauvey) eye looks. I even wore it with a purple look I did with the Desert Dusk Palette and it was super complementary. Despite being a lighter, cooler-toned shade, I still find it very wearable on my warm-toned skin!

I was shocked to realise I hadn't mentioned this blush in a favourites (I don't think) either because I've had this for well over a year now and it's a firm fave in my stash. This is almost the same colour as Slay, perhaps a little more muted and is the perfect blush for similar cool-toned looks. It's just so wearable, flattering and complementary. I can't quite describe it, but it's like a "nothing-y" flush that just completes any look within that colour family. I like this formula too - it's not super pigmented so it's very easy to work with!


COSRX Low pH Good Morning Gel Cleanser
Contrary to the name, I've been using this at night (I know, I'm such a rebel). This is an amazing basic cleanser that still feels like it's doing something. It's a gel that really does suds up (more than I'm used to), but thankfully isn't at all drying and doesn't leave the skin with that nasty tight feeling. It has a faint tea-tree scent because it contains... tea tree and therefore helps with clearing up breakouts. Whether or not it actually helps with acne is yet to be determined... but I like how refreshed and clean this leaves my skin feeling!

Boscia MakeUp-BreakUp Cool Cleansing Oil
This favourites seems to consist of a lot of products that I have loved for a while, but haven't ever mentioned on the blog! This is my current cleansing oil and I really enjoy it, but also it's not groundbreaking. When a cleansing oil is good, it's good. There's nothing that really makes a cleansing oil special - as long as it removes all makeup (including waterproof mascara), and washes off cleanly without leaving any weird residue or feeling on the skin, then it has gotten the job done! This one ticks all the boxes, and I would definitely recommend it, but it is a little pricier plus incredibly hard to get in Australia sooo whether I will repurchase is yet to be decided!

Absolutely love this stuff! This sunscreen is a staple on makeup days. It's an extremely thin liquid consistency that has a fairly matte finish and almost a silicone-y feeling to it. It sits incredibly underneath makeup, and I'm convinced that it acts like a primer and helps keep oil at bay and makes my makeup last longer. There's another version (the white one, not bright) that works even better in that department! Again, a product that's an absolute staple in my collection that was overdue a shoutout!


Praise tha laaawd and Taika Waititi himself! I finally saw Thor: Ragnarok this month (twice, mind you)  and I LOVE this film. It is definitely in my top 3 Marvel movies. I had pretty crazy high expectations for this movie and it still managed to meet them (and maybe even exceed them), which is a mean feat indeed! Ragnarok is the third and easily most funny Thor movie - maybe even the funniest Marvel movie ever?!? There were so many things I loved about this movie! Obviously, the humour was incredible. I love the director Taika Waititi and his previous movies (Hunt for the Wilderpeople and What We Do in the Shadows), and his New Zealand humour is much like Aussie humour and I was living for it. He also plays Korg in the movie who was a definite scene-stealer - he had me laughing out loud every time! Some would argue that in certain scenes the humour took away the heavy emotion that could've had a greater impact, which I would tend to agree with (just one particular scene really), but at the same time it's not a deal breaker and I still lol'd so I think it worked either way. Visually, this movie was incredible - the colours were so vibrant and saturated and I loved the Jack Kirby inspired patterns and imagery throughout. Even though it was only one scene, it was so cool seeing Brisbane (masquerading as New York) in a Marvel movie. It was instantly recognisable and to think I've walked those streets... makes me so happy! I loved the characters - new and old! The character development of Thor and Bruce Banner/Hulk was great, and Thor's new Look™ is *100 emoji* (lol). Valkyrie is great and I'm interested to see if they explore her character further. Only thing that annoyed me was Tessa Thompson's dodgy British accent! The Grandmaster was hilarious - really went full Jeff Goldblum on that ish. And Hela! Hela is arguably my favourite villain - she actually had legitimate motivations that made sense. Her costume is incredible, she's so badass and Cate Blanchett really killed it. 

I think I've rambled enough and you guys get the idea... Thor: Ragnarok is an incredibly entertaining, hilarious movie and if you haven't seen it already...honestly what are you doing with your life?!

No comments:

Post a Comment