20/03/2014

An Oxymoron

Matte lip products have been making a serious appearance on the market lately, those and lip laquers. Regardless, I'm liking it! With the imminent release of the Revlon Colourburst Matte lip crayons I was hungering for some matte lippies and with the Revlon display completely empty, I spontaneously checked out the L'oreal stand and stumbled across the Colour Riche Moisture Matte Lipsticks. L'oreal was on 30% off at Target and the shade Cherry Crush jumped out at me. I saw, I swatched, I bought.














































































First lip swatch ever! Only because I had all my makeup done...





































I've heard pretty much nothing about these lipsticks as they are quite new so they caught me by surprise! I'm usually not so frivolous with my purchases, but the colour was stunning and it felt really nice when I swatched it! Firstly though, the packaging is absolutely top notch. It definitely feels like something more high end - although  I do consider L'oreal to be the 'high end' of the drugstore. It's sleek, sturdy and snaps shut. The gunmetal-bronze exterior actually makes it look quite luxurious. I also like the little bubble on the front that shows the shade of the lipstick.

The description provided on the website is pretty spot on, if not a little ambitious. The formula is like none other that I've ever tried though! It has a  velvet matte finish, which isn't totally dry or powdered looking, but doesn't retain much sheen at all. Despite this, the lipstick is so creamy. It glides on without 'skipping' over the lips. The way it feels on the lips is truly lovely. It's almost airy? I find it similar in finish and feel to the NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams but lighter - the NYX is a thicker, liquid-cream consistency. The Moisture Matte lipsticks basically feel weightless on the lips. It is pigmented but not like WHAPOW! PIGMENT! Haha, it gives you a bit of leeway to build it to full opacity or a slightly lighter layer. L'oreal does describe the lipstick as having jojoba oil to provide "intense moisture". I wouldn't say it's particularly moisturising but it isn't drying at all, which is unique for a matte lipstick. You might be able to see in the lip swatch that I do have some dryness/slight flakiness but the lipstick doesn't accentuate it badly at all in comparison to even some glossier products! The staying power is definitely there (4+ hours with slight staining) but will need reapplication after eating as you get some wear through the centre of the lips.

The shade Cherry Crush was the only one that really jumped out to me - though they do have a beautiful berry/fuschia and orange! Being a very 'me' colour, Cherry Crush is a warm toned, peach leaning light to medium pink shade. I find it very wearable but still quite bright and youthful. I absolutely adore the shade and can see it becoming a favourite, coupled with its formula!

Seriously, this lipstick has now raised my standard of matte lippies. If the Revlon crayons don't live up to it...I will probably be disappointed! These L'oreal Colour Riche Moisture Matte lipsticks retail for AUD$21.95.

Have you tried these Moisture Matte lipsticks? An oxymoron that actually describes the formula perfectly!

28 comments:

  1. That is such a beautiful shade! I definitely have to check it out next time in drugstore :)

    Blu Button Box

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! Do check them out, but I'm not sure if they're available everywhere yet!

      Delete
  2. Love the photos! The packaging looks really luxurious for a drug store product. The color looks nice on you too!

    notanobession.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah the packaging is very nice!

      Delete
  3. How have I not heard of these?! Moisture matte! Confusing but marvellous! Am checking these out ASAP. Lovely post hun :)
    www.luluisloving.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, if you get one, let me know if you like!

      Delete
  4. I've heard nothing about this range too! But the packaging and colours looks SO good I picked one up also :) I love the texture of it!

    Nhi | Miss Blushaholic

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very very pretty shade! I can see how it stand out so well on your tan complexion! I'm not a fan of matte lip products because no matter what my lips are always on the verge of being dry or are slightly dry. I tend to always go for moist, hydrating, sheer or creamy lip products! I've seen swatches of another lip product from l'oreal thats sheerer and moist and that I'm going to check out! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sucks! I'm a fan of both sheer and moisturising and matte. I do really like the L'oreal Nutri-Shine lipsticks which sound like something you would like!

      Delete
  6. Oh frivolous purchases! Can either be really sht or remarkable. (My first product [liquid liner] I bought without reading reviews ended up drying out on me after two uses...oh Covergirl!)
    THIS SHADE THOUGH. UNF. THE PINK BACKGROUND. DOUBLE UNF.
    (But yeah, L'oreal is madly expensive even from the drugstore, and idk how I feel about that price point because I've yet to try a decent product from them?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mhmm, like hidden gem? But usually I research like a crazy woman beforehand even if it's cheap as, because you know my $$$ best be goin' somewhere goooood. Will take note to not buy liquid liner from CG? It's...orgasmic ;) Yeah I was really happeh with the bg.
      Everything I've tried from L'oreal I've liked a lot, though I haven't tried much because SO EXXY.

      Delete
  7. The shade is gorgeous! Such a fun bright pink :) I've never tried L'oreal lipsticks before (cuz of the price) and at that price, I'd probably buy another Revlon Lip Butter xD but it does look nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a definite impulse buy - it was on sale!!! (my justification...) To be honest, I'm sorta over the Revlon lip butters :O

      Delete
  8. What a stunning bright pink! Looks lovely on you. Thanks for the review! xo

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and you're welcome! I love the shade, it's bright but still wearable.

      Delete
  9. dunno why but everytime cherry crush is mentioned in the post i hear the words candy crush lol :D the color reminds me of periwinkle from wet n wild :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I can see why you would! I've never heard of/seen that lipstick shade before.

      Delete
  10. Thank you! I was really happy with the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That lipstick looks amazing on you! I will definitely have to try those out as I love a good matte lip :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! If you do, let me know if you like them!

      Delete
  12. looks beautiful on your lips!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh wow what a gorgeous shade, and the packaging looks so luxe for a L'Oreal lipstick xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooh, this sounds like a really good concept, I adore matte lippies. I haven't see this land in CA yet, and I hope it comes soon. I like the Revlon Matte Balms but none of the colors really appeal to me.

    x
    Kat // bespectacled

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I haven't seen many people at all talk about them so I don't think they're available widely yet. That's a shame, quite a few of the Revlon shades look like 'me' type colours!

      Delete
  15. I've heard nothing about these lipsticks, but I AM IN LOVE! The packaging and shade alone is to die for!! I'm officially on the hunt! Also, I don't know how I've never heard of your blog, because it's amazing! Love it!

    www.lilting-grace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, I hope your hunt is successful! Aww thank you, I checked out your blog and love it too!

      Delete