11/11/2013

Dreamy BB

Hey guys! Today I have a review on my current favourite BB cream, the Maybelline Dream Pure BB cream. This is Maybelline's BB cream designed for oily skin as opposed to their original one, which I've heard people complain is quite greasy. 


It is packaged in a plastic tube which is quite lightweight and travel-friendly. The product is easily dispensed through the top of the tube and it doesn't leak out or anything like the Garnier Oily/combo BB cream does.


The product boasts an eight in one effect; many of which are sort of the same thing. It claims to conceal imperfections, help protect against the appearance of blemishes, oil-free non-greasy, minimises the appearance of pores, clarifies the skin's look, conceals redness, hydrates and smoothes and complements skin tone. The product contains 2% salicylic acid. This is a nice addition, I guess, but I don't rely on makeup to really provide any skincare benefits. I don't really find or think that this has helped my breakouts or anything of that nature. So, don't be afraid of it drying out your skin or anything, because I don't find it does at all. I actually find it to be a little hydrating and very comfortable to wear. It also contains SPF 15.


The product comes in a very limited range of two shades; light and medium. Both shades are actually quite light. Generally in most BB cream ranges the medium shade is actually rather orangey and dark, this one isn't at all though. It is rather neutral in tone and actually a teensy tad too light for me, but it blends nicely into the skin and with powder it's fine. However, I don't think it would work for anyone darker than me. They should really extend the shade range! 


The texture is really nice! It's like a lightweight, airy cream that I find applies best with fingers. It also applies well with a brush but I prefer fingers. The coverage of this BB cream is rather light. It evens out the skin tone and corrects any redness, but for blemishes, scars or dark circles, a concealer is needed. I find it is extremely smoothing on the skin and makes the skin feel lovely! This BB cream has a satin finish that isn't at all greasy but not completely matte. With powder I find it lasts all day without getting too oily.



This is probably my favourite Western BB cream and has overtaken the Garnier Oily/combo BB cream mainly because it is a better shade than the Garnier one. I've been using this on the daily and it provides the perfect coverage for day wear and is super quick and easy to apply. It retails for AUD$15.95 for 30mL of product.

Have you tried this BB cream? What's your favourite from Western brands?

18 comments:

  1. I really want to try this one out! Cuz I have oilier skin. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely recommend it! It's definitely one of the better Western BB creams for oily skin.

      Delete
  2. Hey Tashi just wondering if you are you tibetan? haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this one! I'm trying the Garnier one at the moment and I find it is too dark for me arg!
    xxx Kat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I have similar problems with the Garnier one's shade. It's too dark and orange so I have to fuss around with it to apply it well.

      Delete
  4. I smelt the original of this and found it disgusting and didn't like the texture at all. I've been tossing up between getting this and the Garnier one for oily skin. Is the ONLY reason you like this one better because of the shade?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're quite similar in terms of coverage and finish, but I also prefer this one because of the texture of the product. It's less of a hassle to apply IMO than the Garnier. The Garnier is VERY runny and can sometimes be hard to blend with fingers. The Maybelline is faster and easier to apply for me.

      Delete
  5. Ooh this looks good. I didn't like the dream fresh one as it was too dark for me but the swatch looks like a better colour. The Garnier oily one is also too dark so maybe this will work. I like how it has salicylic acid. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Yeah the shades are better and more neutral, so they would suit a better range of skin tones, but they need to expand the range as these are very light.

      Delete
  6. This sounds like a winner, but it's such a shame about the limited shade selection. I'm completely in love with the Garnier Oily/Combo BB Cream so I definitely need to give this a try! Fingers crossed the medium shade will match my skin tone. Thanks for the review :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully the shade matches!! They really need to extend the range, I think they did for their fresh version!

      Delete
  7. I adore this BB cream, the coverage is perfect for me and I agree, it is nice and hydrating too

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've yet to try any bb creams from maybelline or l'oreal as I've got quite a few I rotate between! If you've got a tan complexion, I highly recommend bb creams from Missha/etude house, they have some very decent tanner/beige shades that are good for MAC NC 25-35

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to pick up some more asian BB creams. I'm actually heading to Hong Kong next month so I will defs be stocking up!

      Delete
  9. I haven't tried the BB cream, but it looks awesome!

    http://www.iwantfashion.co.uk
    UK High Street Fashion
    Get the latest on high street trends, collections, EXCLUSIVE discount codes and more!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have this too and I like it more than the garnier because the colour match is better for me!

    ReplyDelete