11/07/2013

Haul | Estee Lauder Corporate Store

Hey guys! Today I have a relatively exciting haul to share with you all! This past weekend I was lucky enough to take a trip to the Estee Lauder Corporate store. The corporate store is pretty much where all discontinued, limited edition, excess stock goes and is sold at discounted prices. They sell a lot of the brands owned by Estee Lauder like Estee Lauder (obviously), Clinique, Bobbi Brown, MAC, Aveda, DKNY, Jo Malone, etc. Sadly though, the store is invite only! My mum is friends with a lady who works at an Estee Lauder counter and was lovely enough to give us a couple of guest passes. So let's get on to what I bought!


Pretty much all the things I bought are from MAC. They had the largest selection of MAC as they frequently release limited edition collections, meaning more stock at the corporate store! There were hardly any permanent items from MAC. The range at the store (from any brand) was quite small, they would have a few foundations but only 2-3 shades, same going for lipsticks, eyeshadows, etc. I found the best deals were on the gift sets as they are already cheaper (I think) than buying individually, so even better further reduced!


I picked up this Iced Delights Nail & Lip Bag in the shade Pure Drama. This is actually from the 2011 Holiday collection which is so long ago - probably why this was so discounted! I got it for $15 which I think is super awesome considering it contains 2 full sized products! It contains a lipstick in Hang Up, a lipglass in Frozen Lame and a mini nail polish in the shade Vintage Vamp. Both the lipstick and nail polish shades are permanent so I will have a review of this little set soon as it is perfect for Autumn/Winter. It also came with a cute bag.


The next gift set I got is the Viva Glam It Up Lip Bag. This I believe was in last year's holiday collection. It contains a little leopard print bag, Viva Glam Nicki and the MAC Lip Conditioner (with Ricky Martin's signature!). This set was $25 which I still think is really good as the lipstick alone will run you $36. I'll also have a review on this once the warmer months roll around!



I got this lip gloss set from MAC which was also in last year's holiday collection. It is the Guilty Passions 4 Lavish Rose Lip Gloss. This was only $30 which I think is really good! Individual Dazzleglasses and Cremesheen glasses go for $43! These are either just under or even over the regular size! It comes with the shades Demure (Dazzleglass creme), Going Casual (Cremesheen glass), Colour Saturation (Cremesheen glass) and Boys go crazy (Dazzleglass). I believe all of these shades are limited edition. They are nicely pigmented and my faves are the cremesheens as they are not very sticky - they are thick which adds a little bit of stick. The dazzleglasses are a little bit stickier and I don't think I'll get very much use out of Boys go crazy as it is such a glittery, dark shade. Also, the box is absolutely adorable!


The last MAC thing I got is the eyeshadow in the shade Vintage Bloom which was only $5! I'm not sure if this shade is discontinued, or what, as I've never heard anything about it. It is a really pretty metallic light-ish pink shade with a golden sheen. It doesn't say what the finish is anywhere on the packaging. The pigmentation is okay, but it is super pretty and I'm really glad I grabbed it! I figured if the shade didn't work on the eyes, it would always be a great cheek colour! This is now living in my little homemade 'Z palette' (which is really just an old chocolate tin, which was the perfect size and height to be a palette).

Finally, I picked up a few bits from Estee Lauder. They had little packs made up of items that were testers (unused obviously) but they were probably excess or something. They were selling them for $20 each. I got this one specifically for the Pure Color Stay on shadow paint in the shade 02 Halo. I've heard heaps of good things about this cream shadow formula so I grabbed it! I'm not sure how much this is full price, but I'm guessing a lot more. It also came with a Pure Color Lipstick in the shade Pink Riot and a mini tester size of the Double Wear Powder in the shade Spiced Sand which is just ever so slightly too dark for me. The packaging is pretty munted on the lipstick as it is made to be slotted into the display, but it's nothing impractical! The colour itself is a really pretty, medium berry-pink with a slight shimmer.

Swatchies! L-R: Vintage Bloom, Going Casual, Demure (interesting blue shimmers!), Color Saturation, Boys go crazy

So that was my haul! I hope you enjoyed! It was an absolutely awesome experience and I definitely had to exercise restraint from buying the whole store! I did spend quite a bit, but think of how much I saved! I'm definitely going on an unofficial official spending ban now haha. I did pick up a few things before this trip though from the shops, but they'll be popping up on the blog soon enough.

Have you ever been to the EL Corporate Store? Do you want to?

16 comments:

  1. Such a great haul!! I love finding deals on well known beauty brands. Lucky you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I was super lucky to be able to go!

      Delete
  2. So many goodies, you lucky girl! I was lusting after the Mac lip gloss set, simply because of the packaging, but like you said it was pretty expensive. $30 is a freaking steal!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe thanks, anything from that collection was packaged so beautifully!

      Delete
  3. Wow.. I didn't even know they had a corporate store.. but of course it makes sense that they would :) Love all the stuff you bought.

    www.missyinthemirror101.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty sure it's a called a CCO in the States and can't you go whenever you want? It sucks here that you need a pass!

      Delete
  4. Wow those are great deals!! Wish I could go there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are pretty awesome discounts, I just wish it was open to everyone!

      Delete
  5. Hehehe nice photos! The lipgloss set is so cutely packaged- few can resist the quilted bow box! The Viva Glam set is probably my favourite of the things you picked up. Shame they didn't have the stuff we listed though :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The packaging from that whole collection was so nice - especially the compacts. Viva Glam Nicki wasn't exactly on my wishlist but is definitely a colour I admire and was excited to get!

      Delete
  6. Those Estee Lauder corporate stores are so exclusive, what a lovely opportunity it is that you got to go. :) I'm very curious as to what it's like! You picked up some worthy bargains; I feel like that lipgloss set especially is great value. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was an awesome opportunity - that I wish was open to everyone! I'm very happy with what I picked up!

      Delete
  7. i just recently bought a viva glam lipstick, too bad i didnt get a bag like that with it ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dang - I like the bag but it's nothing amazing. The lippie is absolutely amazing though!

      Delete
  8. oh lucky you! those store sales are so hush-hush i wish we could get access to them :P
    you got some really good bargains like the mac lipgloss set- with a super adorable box :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They did have some pretty good deals the day I went, but they are open 5 days a week (just got to get a darned pass!).

      Delete