04/01/2018

Monthly Favourites // December 2017

Happy new year frens! I hope you guys had an amazing holiday break, and a wonderful new years! I cannot believe we're in 2018..it's really quite a daunting prospect! I'm pretty sure I'm more scared than I am excited for 2018 but hopefully it has good things in store for all of us! I wasn't planning on doing a December favourites (my yearly 2017 favourites is in the pipeline!) but there were actually a lot of new products I really loved through the month that aren't going to be mentioned in my yearly faves, but definitely deserve a shoutout!




For some reason my December favourites are very eyeshadow heavy! I had a lot of new shadows to experiment with and I feel like I tried out a lot of different looks throughout the month.

Colourpop All I See is Magic Pressed Eyeshadow Palette
This is limited edition for Holiday 2017 but I believe it's still available right now. I took photos (including swatches) for a full review which should hopefully be up soon! I really love the shades in here - there are some gorgeous jewel tones and you can take the palette in a lot of different directions, whether it be warm, cool, natural or bold. The formula is great too - I'm really impressed with Colourpop's pressed powder shadows! I will say there are maybe one or two shadows that don't perform as well but it's no deal breaker. I absolutely adore the emerald green duochromey shade. I wore it to a holiday party and was super chuffed with the look! While it contains a good amount of mattes, I will say it does lack some basic shades. This isn't a huge issue because I feel like it focuses on the more interesting shades, and it's super easy to supplement this palette with other shadows you already have, which is generally what I did with the Yes Please palette!

Colourpop Yes Please Pressed Eyeshadow Palette
Like I said, I've been tending to use this in conjunction with the All I See is Magic Palette because it has all the basic, super warm matte shades. The shimmers in here are less impressive but are good enough if you need a little shine to complete the look. In comparison to the All I See is Magic palette, I would say the mattes here are more pigmented, but also a lot more powdery so more kickup. I can deal with a bit of kickup, but the palette can get a little messy!

Stila Magnificent Metals Glitter & Glow Liquid Eyeshadows
I've been loving all the shades I have of this (pictured is Next to Notte) and the formula has been a treat over the festive season! The result is an amazing glittery, beautiful eye look with such minimal effort and no fallout. Next to Notte is a stunning shade and it comes up more berry on the eyes so it's a bit more wearable. I did a berry crease with this on the lid and the effect was so pretty and jewel-like.


I'm not sure if I've mentioned this much on the blog, but it really is a lovely blush. It's like a deep, matte terra cotta type of a shade with a good amount of red in it. It's like a nude but a bit more intense and it's a really flattering shade and super complementary to a bunch of looks. I'm not sure why but it's the blush I've been reaching for for a lot of my holiday looks!

Colourpop Pressed Powder Highlighter in Starflower
So much Colourpop in this month's favourites! Guess that's what happens when you haul a bunch of their products at the same time haha. This shade was limited edition in the My Little Pony collection but I think it's still available now. The formula, firstly, is really gorgeous. It's soft, creamy and blendable and has a really nice level of glow. There's a good amount of "beamingness" but is quite a soft sheen, not super metallic and glittery which I appreciate! Starflower is a really pretty peachy-golden bronze shade that's very complementary to warm looks!

Smashbox Fan Brush
There's a reason people rave about this fan brush! It's really amazing! It's quite a small fan brush and very thin which means you can get a very precise highlighter application but still easily diffused and blended. It's so much easier to use in comparison to my Morphe fan brush which is a lot fatter and the hairs are splayed out meaning the highlighter kind of goes everywhere...

The Ordinary AHA 30% + BHA 2% Peeling Solution
I've been using this for over a month now and can say it's a firm favourite! The first use is very scary and there is a definite tingle/sting to it. It's not unbearable or painful, but it's definitely uncomfortable - of course depending on how sensitive your skin is and your tolerance to it. The results are undeniable though! I'd say you can really tell a difference 2 days after using it. My skin was definitely clearer, more even and smoother. I've been using it roughly once a week and definitely think there's been an improvement to my skin! The concentration of acids in here is definitely high so proceed with caution!

*Product gifted for consideration. 

No comments:

Post a Comment