12/08/2013

All that is Gold does not Glitter

Hi guys! Today I have to share one of my favourite eyeshadows! This was my first MAC eyeshadow and it's in the shade All that Glitters. And yes, I did take the opportunity to reference The Lord of the Rings in the title - I freaking love that stuff. :D


The packaging is nice and practical, albeit a little big considering it only holds 1.3g of product. It shuts securely and I like that the top is clear so that you can see the shade inside.

All that Glitters has a Veluxe Pearl finish. I'm not totally educated on the different eyeshadow finishes that MAC do, but I believe the Veluxe Pearls are shimmery, pearly, bordering metallic shadows. 



It is a beautiful shade which does get a lot of hype and I believe is one of their best selling eyeshadows. All that Glitters is a pinky-beigey-bronze shade with a golden edge. It's gorgeous all over the lid. I think it looks amazing on its own - blended into the crease. It's one of those multi-dimensional shades that looks different in different angles and lighting. In the crease it looks slightly darker. I like to think it sort of looks like a beige sunset on the eye!

The formula is very smooth and doesn't kick up a lot of powder. I will admit, it's not the most pigmented of shadows - it's not by any means chalky, or lacking in pigment but it isn't like BABAM COLOUR type thang. That doesn't bother me in any way as it is super easy to blend and it looks flawless on the eyes! Wear time is pretty typical if you have a primer on (I feel that all eyeshadows are great if you have a good primer!) - no creasing or fading.



It's a bit hard to see the colour in the swatches, so I do apologise! But the shade is beautiful nonetheless and I recommend having a swatchy-swatch instore if you haven't already!


I absolutely adore this shadow and it's definitely one of my most used. However, I don't feel I'll be running out and purchasing any other MAC shadows, because they are SO exorbitantly priced and they aren't the most amazing formula I've tried. MAC eyeshadows retail for AUD$33 in the clam shell compact with only 1.3g of product.

What is your favourite MAC eyeshadow?

14 comments:

  1. Seems very versatile. I want it, looks pretty x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's an amazing shade! Everyone and their mother either owns it or wants it, haha.

      Delete
  2. It's really pretty- I was tossing up between ATG or Naked Lunch but walked away with neither because you can easily find similar champagne/light shimmery shadows for cheaper. That being said, I did waste $33 on Brun, which isn't nearly as easy to use. The formula of these is nice, but nowhere near UD or L'Oreal Infallibles. Even dodgy Chinese brand that I tried is better than MAC.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I believe this is quite a dupeable shade. I totes agree, the formula really doesn't match up to the obscene amount of money you pay!

      Delete
  3. This shade looks gorgeous and looks like it would suit a lot of skin tones! I really want to try MAC eyeshadows, but the price is very off putting! :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the main appeal of MAC shadows is the vast colour range, but for the price I think you can get much better quality for cheaper!

      Delete
  4. Lovely shade! I still really want to pick up more MAC goodies...

    ReplyDelete
  5. This eyeshadow looks really nice. Sadly, I can't buy MAC products where I live. Following your blog via bloglovin, hope you'll check out mine :)

    http://emmasuperina.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sucks that MAC isn't available, can you not buy online?

      Delete
  6. Woo LOTR shout out :P
    This one looks gorgeous, I actually don't have ANY MAC eyeshadows (I know, smack me, right?) haha so this would be a nice one to start with, me thinks :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeppers - NERD REPRESENT! haha
      I think it's perfectly fine you don't own any, I mean, you could get a whole palette from another brand (with similar if not better formula) for the same price as one MAC shadow!

      Delete
  7. I have tried a few MAC eye shadow but I dont think I will get anymore
    Now I am a big fan of Inglot eye shadow which is so much cheaper and very good quality ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard heaps of good things about Inglot shadows, I really want to try them!

      Delete