14/11/2016

Collective Haul // November 2016

Well, it seems like I go without a haul for months, and then all of the hauls at once! Granted, I don't think I'll be doing much shopping after this - but that's not guaranteed :P. There was definitely a reason behind this haul though! Priceline's famous 40% off cosmetics sale happened last week so I picked up a few bits. Mecca also launched their holiday collections, and I managed to restrain myself to one purchase! Aaaand, the Anastasia Modern Renaissance Palette came back in stock so obviously I had to grab it!




Smashbox Light it Up L.A. Lights Palette
This was my one holiday purchase for the year. To be honest, not a lot jumped out at me this year! There seem to be a few nice palettes and packs, but nothing really worth spending my money on. This palette on the other hand thoooo - it is phenomenal! The most amazing thing about it is probably the value! You get nine shades - five blushes, a bronzer and three highlighters - adding up to almost 40g of product! Now that's a lot of powder! And the palette retails for $57 which is ridiculously cheap - seriously a bargain! The packaging is so substantial too - very sturdy and comes with a huge mirror. Plus - you get an acrylic box which is random but cool and I'll probably definitely use it to store stuff haha! The powders swatch beautifully - very pigmented and the highlighters are gorgeous! I'm yet to use them on my cheeks but I think they'll be good! This is my first product from Smashbox and I'm really excited about it! Although, not all Smashbox products are this good of a deal haha :P

Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe, Herbs and Rosewater
This is just a repurchase for me. I absolutely love this face mist - it's very refreshing and hydrating. I went for the jumbo version this time which is slightly better value!


Physician's Formula Shimmer Strips All-in-1 Custom Nude Palette
I finally got this highlighter! I've been wanting this for like a year, but it's always sold out. The PF stand in the busiest Priceline store is always empty, so I actually went to a quieter Priceline (that stocked PF) for the sale, and they had it! I've heard so many raves about this product as being an amazing drugstore highlighter and it really does swatch amazingly! I love the ability to customise the shade too. Not a fan of the packaging though - it's way too bulky!

NYX Lip Lingerie in Bedtime Flirt and Honeymoon
It was a struggle to narrow down the shades I wanted - but I managed! I really wanted Embellishment as well - a dusty purple - but I had to restrain myself seeing as I picked up super similar shades from Colourpop recently haha. Bedtime Flirt is a pretty deep peachy-nude, and Honeymoon is a cool-toned dusty brown. I've heard mixed reviews about the formula, but I've worn bedtime flirt once and I really liked it! I applied a very thin layer and it was actually very comfortable. It didn't last for the longest time but it looked really good and I love the shade!

NYX Tame & Frame Tinted Brow Pomade in Black
I've been wanting to try a brow pomade ever since they became a thing, and I've always heard pretty good things about the NYX one. It was really cheap too so I thought it was worth a try! 

Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure in Mudslide
It's become a bit of a tradition that I pick up a nail polish in each 40% off sale. I've been wanting Mudslide for a while since it's my friend's fave nude, but it's quite hard to find! Luckily I found it in the quieter Priceline (come thruuuu) and I'm excited to wear it! It just looks like a super wearable browny-nude shade!


Anastasia Modern Renaissance Palette
Yay - I finally have it! I've been waiting for this to come back in stock on Beautylish for months and months (free shipping over $55 and it's quite fast and reliable!). Anyway, this palette is GORGEOUS. Honestly, I think it deserves all the hype its been getting. I'm yet to use it, but it swatches SO nicely! The shadows are so smooth, soft and pigmented and the shades are beautiful. So excited to have it! I like the look of the pink velvet packaging but mine's already dirty from swatching and accidentally getting it on there! Oops. I can tell it's going to get very dirty, very quickly...

RCMA No Color Powder
I also picked up this powder which has been getting so many raves! I've yet to try a loose translucent powder, let alone baking, so I'm curious to give it a go! Hopefully it's really good - it was quite affordable!

S H O P  T H E  P O S T  >>

No comments:

Post a Comment