19/02/2018

Colour Families // The Millennial Pinks

Whelp it's been about a year since my last colour families post which makes me sad because I love doing these! There's something about seeing a bunch of the same coloured makeup products together that makes me happy - which is probably why I love doing monochromatic looks so much! While I fully intend on keeping this series going - who knows how long it will be until my next one haha! Today though, we're diving into the millennial pinks aka THE colour of the moment! I've become absolutely obsessed with this shade in fashion and homewares, and naturally that obsession has bled into my makeup! It's kind of hard to find makeup items that are the perfect shade of ~millennial pink~ as it's such a pale colour and pinks in general can look so different on different skintones. So - most of these might be more of a "blushed pink nude", but I'm still super into them and they complement each other well!




L-R: Urban Decay Burnout and Limit, Colourpop Labyrinth and Wattles
Maybelline Super Stay Nail Polish in Rose Poudre
I'm surprised I don't have more blush pink nail polishes (I'm still on the hunt for the perfect millennial pink shade!) but I absolutely love this one - it's arguably my favourite nail polish! It's just such a pretty blushy-pinky-mauvey shade that is so flattering and complementary. The formula is lovely too - really long lasting!

Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette - Burnout and Limit
It's been a minute since I've featured the Naked 3 palette, and I'll be honest, I don't use it that often! But sometimes my makeup calls for these rosy-mauve tones and this is my go-to. The shades Burnout and Limit are the only ones that really fit the ~millennial pink~ bill. Burnout is a lovely shimmery pale pink. Limit is a matte pale dusty mauve-pink shade which is great as a transitional shade in cool-toned or pink eyeshadow looks. 

A deeper tone on this eyeshadow but it's such a pretty mauve shade with a bit of a warm rosy twist. It's so complementary to other pink shades and is a stunner in the crease!

This is my go-to one and done eyeshadow for when I want a pink look! It's quite a unique shade and finish - a pinky-mauve with a slight silvery shimmer sheen. Ultimately it has a more satin finish but the shimmer adds that extra pizazz to make your eyeshadow look a little more interesting even though you've only used one shade!


L-R: Tarte Paaarty, theBalm Cindy-Lou Manizer, Anastasia Beverly Hills Kitty Kat
Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Paaarty
Unfortunately I think this was a limited shade specially made for the Sephora birthday gift, but I just had to mention it because it's my favourite pinky blush! It's got the perfect amount of mauve and nude to it to make it wearable, but the pink tone really complements a pink eyeshadow look or lip. 

A little more of a peachy shade, but still such a pretty product! It's sort of a highlighter/blush topper. As you can tell, it's not as shimmery or metallic but the subtle sheen looks really pretty and ethereal. It's also almost duochromatic as it has a really pretty lavender sheen/shimmer to it.

I don't have a lot of pink highlighters, so Kitty Kat was the best I could muster. It looks a lot more pink in the pan, but the champagne-silver shimmer really comes through and is so reflective that it looks a little less pink in the swatch and on the face. I don't love these highlighters to be honest - I find them to be a bit glittery for me, so I tend to reserve them for nights out or when I really want to beam. Kitty Kat is really pretty though and WILL give you that blingy pink-toned highlight!


L-R: Essence Lost in Love, BareMinerals Slay, Rimmel Salute, Kiko 01

Essence Soft Contouring Lip Liner in Lost in Love
I have a few lip liners in this colour family, but this one's the most pink toned. I love the depth of this one - I find it's the perfect shade to add dimension to the lip line, whilst still being complementary to a lot of shades in that pinky-mauve family.

BareMinerals GEN NUDE Matte Liquid Lip Colour in Slay
This product is quickly becoming one of my favourite liquid lipsticks. Not only is the formula amazing - comfortable, non-drying and decently long lasting - but this shade is beautiful! It's the perfect combination of pink, mauve and nude, and is slightly cool-toned but still really flattering. I absolutely looove this!

This is actually really close in colour to the Essence lip liner! It's a bit deeper and warmer than the typical millennial pink, but I'd say it still fits in with the colour family! It just makes it all the more wearable, and quite flattering on my skin tone!

Kiko Stick for Lips and Cheeks in 01
My friend Lucy - who is the queen of pink - gave me this after her trip to Europe and it's probably one of the closest in shade to actual millennial pink - if it were more pastel! It's similar in depth to Slay - just a bit warmer in tone I'd say! This is a sweet little multi-purpose product and can be used on both the lips and cheeks. I prefer it on the lips and it makes for a lovely comfortable matte lipstick!

Tell me guys - have you been as into millennial pink as I am!? Throw me your millennial makeup recommendations if you have any!

*Product gifted for consideration. 

No comments:

Post a Comment