23/01/2013

Garnier Dark Spot Corrector

Today I have a new skincare item I have been using for the past two weeks! It is the Garnier Dark spot corrector daily illuminating moisturiser. After Kaye's rather glowing reviews of this product, I decided to give it a go!


I was in need of a new moisturiser and Garnier was having 30% off at Target, so I thought it was the perfect opportunity to pick it up. It claims to reduce sun spots, age spots and blemish marks. I do have quite a few freckles on my cheeks and hyper pigmentation from acne.


I have been using it morning and night and within the first week I noticed a difference in my skin! It has brightened up my whole face giving it a nice 'glow', if that's possible! My skin feels soft and smooth. It provides a good amount of moisture but doesn't make my combination skin oily, which is good as it is marketed for all skin types. The moisturizer is thin in texture and feels very light on the skin. It has a slight citrus-y scent which doesn't linger on the skin after application but it smells very refreshing!


From my two weeks of use, I have noticed my blemish marks have faded quite significantly. I will continue to use this and maybe after a good few more weeks, they might disappear entirely (wishful thinking at its best!). I haven't however noticed a difference in my freckles and I can't exactly vouch for age spots! 


I really like this moisturizer! I definitely recommend it, even if you don't have any dark spots it is still a really nice moisturizer that provides a brightened complexion and an improved texture. It retails for AUD$16.95 for 50ml of product.

8 comments:

  1. This sounds magical! I have old spots on my chin that I would love to get rid of, perhaps this is the product for me!
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Especially for the price! I've never tried the Clinique dark spot corrector but this one is really good and a fraction of the cost!

      Delete
  2. Wow it's awesome that you have seen results so quickly!
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe it's my imagination but I think it really is working! Hopefully it will only get better from here on out!

      Delete
  3. Sounds like it works well and thankfully doesn't cost an arm and a leg! Anything that improves the skin's texture and reduces the appearance of blemish marks is a winner in my book :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! It definitely doesn't hurt to try it either.

      Delete
  4. I think this product works to an extent but it does give me the occasional pimple!
    Do you ever break out from this product?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's unfortunate! I don't find this breaks me out at all, I usually have breakouts but they are from other factors like stress, unhealthy eating, hormones, etc. I don't find I break out any more than usual when using this product!

      Delete