19/01/2015

Guest Post // Top 5 Blushes




Well hello there readers of Shiwashiful! My name is Gabbie and I am visiting from thebeautybabbler. Tasha and I decided it would be fun to do a "guest post" to mix things up for our readers. It took a little discussion but we came to the conclusion that both of us have blush collection bordering on obsessive and that it would be fun to share our top 5!

I am such a blush addict so this post was a little difficult but I managed to reason with myself and ended up choosing my five most reached for blushes.

M.A.C Powder Blush in Fleur Power - I have no hesitation in saying that this is my all-time favourite blush. It's a gorgeous pink, peach colour. It goes with almost any look and adds a lovely flush of colour to the cheeks and can be layered on for a more intense colour.

M.A.C Mineralize Blush in Dainty - This blush is sheer and super subtle but is so beautiful on the cheeks. Lovely for a "no-makeup" makeup look or for if you have a full on eye look and don't want to add too much colour to the cheeks.

Napoleon Perdis Color Disc in Flamingo - An old favourite. Color Discs are technically eye shadows but when the person at the Napoleon Perdis counter recommended it as a blush I could definitely see her logic. A sensational bright coral shade with a hint of shimmer. It may look a little scary in the pan but with a light hand and some blending is looks amazing on the cheeks. I have had Flamingo in my collection for years. I think this my third one. That's saying a lot. 

Stila Customer Color Blush in Self-Adjusting Pink - Another one that looks a little daunting in the pan. On application it does come off almost as bright on the cheek as it is in the pan but once it's on your skin for a minute or two it adjusts itself into a beautiful pink suited to your skin. It's still super pigmented so even though it adjusts it is still by no means subtle.

NARS Blush in Orgasm - A gorgeous, shimmery peachy shade. This blush is super versatile and very flattering to a wide range of skin tones. It has certainly been a go to this Spring and Summer.

M.A.C Fleur Power, M.A.C Dainty, Napoleon Perdis Flamingo, Stila Self-Adjusting Pink, NARS Orgasm



















Thanks for having me!! I hope I kept things to Tasha's standard. I'll be keeping an eye on the comments below so tell me...What blushes are you loving at the moment?

No comments:

Post a Comment