29/01/2015

Monthly Favourites // January 2015

The first monthly favourites of the year! Surprisingly, January actually felt like a real month, like actual, whole days have passed and it hasn't just "whizzed" past. Maybe I'm in denial that it's actually, currently 2015? Regardless, let's chat about the products I've loved! A lot of these are quite "minimal" makeup bits because I guess you could say my skin needed a bit of a detox after wearing so much makeup during December! Me chowing down on sugary foods probably didn't help either...





Garnier Miracle Skin Cream
This tinted moisturiser like product is supposed to give a "perfected", healthy and radiant look to the skin, which I have to say I agree with! It doesn't offer the most coverage, obviously, but I find it helps even out the general skin tone like redness and dullness and does give leave skin looking radiant. I've been pairing this with concealer and powder for minimal makeup days, and loving it!

Benefit Gimme Brow in Medium/Deep
When I first started using this product, I have to say I was left a little underwhelmed. I think I was expecting some miracle product that was going to make my eyebrows look amazing and full! I have been using it throughout January though and I have found when setting already filled in brows, it just adds an extra something and sets them in place. I've also used it alone on minimal days and it does subtly thicken brow hairs and add a little bit of extra fullness. I think it would work even better though if you have a lot of brow hairs to thicken! Because my brows are very sparse (sad face) it doesn't make the hugest difference. Regardless, it's upped my brow game!

Estee Lauder Stay on Shadow Paint in Pink Zinc
You guys know how huge of a fan I am of the formula, so it's given how amazing it is. This colour has been my jam this month though! It's a super pretty light, bronzey pink shade. I find it a lot more wearable than Maybelline Inked in Pink just because I find that one very pink and almost a bit purply? Pink Zinc sits super well under all sorts of bronzey/rosey powder shadows, and increases their weartime tenfold. 

Clinique All about Shadow quad in Spicy
Well damn, it seems I have fallen in love with this quad! I didn't expect to love it as much as I do, but it really caught me by surprise as to how versatile it is. It includes a really creamy gold, a rosey pink and two browns, one more bronzey and the other more chocolatey. You can really pair any of these shades together to get a different look. You can keep it light and natural or deep and smokey. The formula is so gorgeously buttery and pigmented as well!

Clarins Instant Light Natural Lip Perfecter in Petal Shimmer
Along the lines of a minimal face, this gloss fits in perfectly. As the name suggests, it just sort of perfects the lips, you know? It makes them look even, smooth and super soft with a subtle shine! The colour is a sheer, pale pink which doesn't add a whole lot to the lips but I think is just really pretty. It feels quite moisturising and balmy on the lips as well!

Lush Yog Nog soap
Yeah, that unrecognizable yellow lump? Yog Nog. Picked this guy up in the 50% off sale and I seriously cannot get enough of the scent! It's just so damn deliciously sweet, butterscotchy, warm and spicy. It works up a creamy lather which I enjoy, however it doesn't leave my skin feeling very moisturised unfortunately!


Pushing Daisies (slash, it's really just a Lee Pace obsession)
What can I say, I've become obsessed with another male actor. I remember first seeing Lee Pace in The Hobbit Desolation of Smaug as Thranduil who he was AMAZING as, and then when I went to see the last installment, Battle of the Five Armies, I got excited just seeing him on the big screen! So, of course, I subsequently went home and IMDB'd everything he'd ever been in, and so began the Lee Pace marathon.

Which brought me to....Pushing Daisies! First recommended to me by Vanessa (if you follow us on twitter, you may have seen our Lee Pace banter), I knew it would be good and OMG it is. Not just because of Lee, because damn, I LOVE EVERY SINGLE MAIN CHARACTER SO MUCH. Caps necessary. The visuals of this show are so fun and colourful, and I love the storyline. I swear there's something in it for everyone; there's a bit of crime, romance, comedy and supernaturalness! I'm actually so devastated that this show got cancelled so soon (there are only 2 seasons), but it makes it all the more easy to marathon and watch! SO GET ON IT. 

Also worth a mention is The Fall which Lee Pace starred in. An absolutely amazing film directed by Tarsem Singh and presented by Spike Jonze and David Fincher, it's just a stunning movie with the most amazing visuals. Beautiful storyline as well :')

Also, I changed my tumblr url to something Lee Pace related. That's when you know you're in too deep...LEE PACE RANT OVER.

My giveaway ended last night, thank you to everyone who entered! I'll be verifying entries and picking a winner very soon!

S H O P  T H E  P O S T  >>
Man, I wish I could buy myself a Lee Pace.