03/07/2014

The Lip Product Addict Tag

A few weeks ago I was tagged by the lovely Sheri to do the Lip Product Addict tag. If there's one thing that I know I am, it's a lip product addict! This tag was also created by two of my favourite youtubers - Estee and Amelia - so I really wanted to do it! Keep reading for my answers...





















1. Favourite balm/treatment?
My favourite lip balm at the moment is probably the Nivea Lip Butter, this one is in the scent Vanilla & Macadamia which smells delicious. I really like this lip balm, for no particular reason other than I think it's pretty moisturising for every day and it helped out when I had itchy lips. It's not super intense though, so don't expect it to heal extremely chapped lips!
























2. Best eye-catching red?
In all honesty, I really don't wear red lipstick often so I don't have many to choose from. One red that I do have that is pretty bright, relatively cool-toned as well is the Jordana Twist & Shine Moisturising Balm Stain in the shade Rock n Rouge. It's very pigmented for one of these balm stain types, it has a slight sheen to it and it does stain. Not much more I can say really!
























3. Best luxury and best drugstore?
I actually didn't have a clear cut answer for this one, I don't have any crazy, ultimate, absolute favourites from either category, so I just chose two lipsticks that I really like. For drugstore, I chose the L'oreal Nutri-shine lipstick in the shade Pink Nude. The formula is similar to the Revlon Lip Butters, only better in my opinion. The colour is a really pretty nuded peachy-pink. For luxury, I chose the Estee Lauder Signature Lipstick in the shade Soft Amethyst. The formula of this lipstick is really nice - it's super pigmented, but quite moisturising and sits very comfortably on the lips. The colour is also beautiful - a super wearable purple. 
























4. Best MAC lipstick?
I only have four to choose from, but I'd have to say the definite winner is MAC Morange. It's a beautiful striking red-toned orange, that is super wearable. It's bold and bright, with an amplified formula, so it is very pigmented yet not drying at all.
























5. The most disappointing?
I'm going to steal Sheri's answer here, but hands down, Face of Australia Lip Quench lipstick in the shade Lychee Crush. Firstly, the colour is horrendous on my skintone. This shade was getting RAVES, and it swatched as a really pretty pale peachy-pink nude but on the lips, it made me look dead and washed out. Also, the formula is terrible. It's too creamy that it slips and slides and settles into lines and it smells terrible. The reason it looks like I've used my whole tube is because I tried to redeem it as a cream blush. It worked for a while, but it didn't last well on my cheeks. My second disappointing product is actually the Rimmel Apocalips. My review of these was probably a bit lenient but I had a bad burger-eating experience with the shade Stellar. Whilst eating it somehow got all over my face, like chin, teeth, burger - it was a mess. This was a good few hours after application too. These don't set down and stay sitting on top of the lips - easily transferable.
























6. Liner - yes or no?
I'm gonna go with a straight no on this one. I just can't be bothered! I'd only ever use liner if I had a special occasion - wanted my lip to last extra long, etc, etc you know the gist. But I've really only used a liner once or twice! I do have a few of the Essence Lip Liners which I do really like - they're creamy and you could even use them on their own.
























7. Best gloss?
I could have answered this with a few different products, but chose to stick to the NYX Butter Gloss of which I have in the shade Peaches and Cream. This gloss is so lovely! It feels balmy on the lips - a slight thickness but nothing sticky. Amazing pigmentation, smoothing gloss and delicious scent. What more could you ask for?
























8. And something extra!
I decided to chuck in the Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvets, I acquired these recently and have been loving them. They are matte lip creams but don't dry like paint on the lips. They're matte but not at all drying, with a soft feel and staining effect, making them extremely long wearing. They do still transfer a little though. I have them in the shades Peach Club and Frambourjois.























L-R: Rock n Rouge, Soft Amethyst, Pink Nude, Morange, Lychee Crush, Celestial, Stellar






















L-R: Peaches and Cream, Satin Mauve, Cute Pink, In the Nude, Frambourjois, Peach Club








I hope you guys enjoyed reading my answers! I tag: Vanessa (though I don't peg you as a lip product addict, yolo imma tag you anyways), Cherie, Jen, Miss Louise, Yige, Candice, Monica & Linny and anyone else who would like to do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment