04/12/2014

Haul // There and Back Again

It's time to share all of my acquisitions from New Zealand! I actually didn't buy much at all, we actually didn't go out shopping that much, plus pretty much all of the stores are the same as here in Australia. If you can believe it, makeup is even more expensive over there! Why must people charge such extortionate prices for makeup!? Actually though I didn't make it to an actual "makeup" store, just the supermarket haha. 



I'll share the things I bought duty free first off.

Clarins Instant Light Lip Perfector Collection (Travel Exclusive) including 03 Nude Shimmer and 04 Petal Shimmer
These glosses have been raved about by the masses - sheer, balmy and not at all sticky. The "gloss for the non-glossers". I've been wanting to try one for an age and decided to snatch up this travel exclusive which came with 2 shades for $34, RRP $26 each here. The shades aren't exactly my pick of the pack, and from swatches, they look pretty much exactly the same on the lips (they're very sheer). For that reason I think I will pop one in my upcoming giveaway (don't worry, I haven't used them yet!) but I will definitely have a review up of the other!

Benefit Gimme Brow in Medium/Deep
This guy has been on my wishlist for a while, and I was rather surprised to see a Benefit counter at Auckland airport. It cost NZD$35 which albeit only a dollar cheaper, when factoring conversion etc, it is a bit more affordable (at least that's what I'm telling myself). It's essentially a tinted brow gel with fibres in to help brow hairs appear thicker, more defined and hold them in place. I've been using it the past few days and I really like it, but I'm not yet sure if it was completely worth the money. I will update you guys in a review post!


























I bought these beauty related products at the spa that we visited in Rotorua.

Puresource Rotorua Thermal Mud with Manuka Honey
I thought this mud mask was pretty cool as it actually contains mud from the thermal springs, which Rotorua is known for. It's supposed to be really amazing for the skin! Unfortunately I didn't go to a mud pool (too expensive!), so I'm living that experience through this mask, haha! It also contains Manuka honey which is also very New Zealand-y, and is supposedly soothing and nourishing to the skin. The couple of times I've used this, I've really liked it! It was $17 so not that expensive at all!

Apicare Sleep Easy Balm
This one was a bit of a whimsy purchase, but I just decided to buy it! It is a New Zealand brand after all... It's essentially a 'balm' (more of a body butter texture IMO) that you massage into your pulse points that helps soothe you, and get you to sleep. I do have trouble sleeping sometimes when my brain just can't shut off. I find this scent soothing and calming and it's quite a relaxing experience just massaging it into my skin! I have used this quite a few times and must say I think it works! It may be a placebo effect, but I do fall asleep quicker (I think) and sleep for longer, without randomly waking up during the night. It was $22 which was a wee bit of a splurge but you get quite a bit of product.


























Now obviously I had to pick up some souvies from HOBBITON!! (If you couldn't tell, I'm a mega TLOTR fan). We only had 15 minutes in the gift store (NOT ENOUGGHHH) so I was scrambling to purchase stuff haha, I wish I had more browsing time!

The Treasure of Smaug the Terrible Dwarven Coin #5
Possibly a completely useless purchase, but it's real pretty. It's just a coin thingy but I really like it, and it's a replica made from an ACTUAL MOULD they used for the movie!

Fellowship Leaf magnet
I was hoping they'd have the actual brooch version of this, but the magnet will have to suffice. It's probably easier to display anyway! The leaf is just so dang SYMBOLIC MANN, Fellowship mems :'(

The Lord of the Rings Leather Bookmark
I thought this was pretty dang cool! It's just a bookmark stamped/embossed with the silhouette of the Fellowship.

The Hobbit The Desolation of Smaug T-Shirt
The T-shirts were pretty exxy ($30-$50) but my friend spotted the bin of kiddy sized ones which were only $15! It fits me okay, a wee bit tight, but I can deal. I really love the pattern of this one too - it's just a map (sorta like a 2 in 1 deal for me haha ;) ).

So that was my haulage, I hope you enjoyed reading! I will have another post with photos of my trip too. I'm excited to share them :D. 

No comments:

Post a Comment