07/05/2018

MAC's Sunny Cheek Combo

I was fully intending on doing an April favourites post, but I completely forgot about it last week! So, when I went to take photos yesterday I realised that the only new things I've been loving lately were these two cheek products from MAC, that I was due to review anyway! So yes, I'm here with a review of the MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Give Me Sun, and the MAC Powder Blush in Melba, which also happens to be an April favourites!







L-R: Give Me Sun! swatched and blended, Melba swatched and blended

MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Give Me Sun
I miraculously finished a bronzer a month or so ago (farewell Sleek bronzer, you served me very well) so I was (sort of) guilt free when I purchased this bad boy. I've heard this bronzer being raved about for years by the likes of Desi Perkins and Makeupbyalli. For some reason, I always thought it was super orange and shimmery, but when I finally swatched it, it's actually not at all either of those two things! Being a Skinfinish 'Natural', it has the same formula as MAC's mineralize setting powders. The formula is so lovely - it's got good coverage/opacity but errs on the lighter side, meaning it's hard to overdo and can be built up to your desired coverage. The finish is not a flat matte either, slightly satin (no shimmer though) which gives a super natural look! It also blends out really easily for a beautiful sunkissed glow - without the glow. The shade is definitely on the warm side but it works well for my medium, yellow-toned skin. I can imagine, though, that this would look quite orange on fair skin tones so be wary!

MAC Powder Blush in Melba
Melba is a shade I've literally wanted since I first got into makeup. It's such a 'me' colour, it ain't funny! It's arguably the perfect mix of peach, pink and nude-brown. It's so flattering and natural looking on the skin, and it goes with everything! The formula is absolutely stunning too. It has a matte finish and really good opacity. You don't have to work hard to get the colour you want, but it can also be blended out really easily. Both cheek products have pretty good lasting power too - they will fade gradually throughout the day, but I must say they don't patch off or wear away weirdly!

So that's the cheek combo I've been reaching for so much during April, and I predict I'll keep reaching for them for a long time! They're just such easy, everyday shades that I know will look good and go with everything!

S H O P  T H E  P O S T  >>

No comments:

Post a Comment