21/04/2016

The Beauty Lover Tag

I want to start this post of by both thanking and APOLOGISING to Holly! She created this tag and very graciously tagged li'l ol' me...like 5 moNTHS AGO. It's taken me waaaaay to long to do this! There are a bunch of tags I've been tagged in that I haven't yet done...one of which is the Procrastinating blogger tag - fitting much? Also thank you to Lauren who tagged me as well! Anyway let's get into it! My answers are probably going to be a bit rambly and haphazard so bear with me! I haven't done a tag in a HOT minute. 


1. If you could have anyone in the world do your makeup, who would it be?
Imma be a sheep and answer Lisa Eldridge for this one! There's a reason so many people would love their faces to be graced with her touch! She is so talented and knowledgeable about makeup, and her passion is absolutely infectious! Her style is so effortlessly beautiful and I would love to be made up like a dang MOVIE STAR. Another person I can think of for fun is NikkieTutorials. I mean her makeup style is really intense and GLAM - completely different to what I'd ever go for, but I absolutely looove it! I think it would be interesting to see myself in that sort of makeup.

2. What's your top makeup tip?
Am I even knowledgeable to have a tip at all haha??? I'm such a noob. I feel like all my "tips" are just common sense. Hmm, something I've found to really work for me recently is using my eyeshadow primer, and then setting that all over with a matte cream coloured shadow, which is something a lot of people do! I find it really prolongs the wear of my eyeshadow though and I experience less creasing, which is a lot on my oily-ass lids! It even works when I use cream eyeshadows too. Another tip is to ditch the lip scrubs and just use a face washcloth/flannel to exfoliate your lips in the shower! I feel like it's much more effective and efficient and you don't have sugar falling everywhere to attract the damn ants. -_- 

3. What one makeup item could you not live without?
I've said it before, and I'll say it again - concealer! Most days I'll use a light coverage BB cream and will use concealer to cover up my many blemishes and acne scars - it's the one doing most of the work there! Well placed, full coverage concealer can really cover up all your imperfections, without covering up YO ENTIRE FACE. 

4. What one skincare item could you not live without?
I feel like cleansing is the most important step in a skincare routine, and my favourite types of cleansers are cleansing oils and cleansing balms. They absolutely melt off all of my makeup - waterproof products included. They don't leave my skin dry and some even help moisturise my skin! My runner up would have to be rose hip oil - skin saviour in moisturising and fading scars! Oh and La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo + is a freakin HG. :P

5. What are you worst at when it comes to applying makeup?
Err...everything? I kid, I kid...not. There are a lot of aspects of makeup application that I need to improve on but one thing I struggle with a lot is eye makeup! Whether it be eyeshadow placement or winged liner, I feel like I'm not very adventurous. I always go for the same placement (matte crease/transition, dark shades in the outer corner, etc) and never really experiment. Same goes for winged liner - I can do it (though not very well) but it always looks the same. I pretty much entirely blame it on my eye shape. I have, like, almost monolid, hooded eyes. Like, I have a (very faint) crease but the skin underneath my eyebrow is so puffy it engulfs my eyelid. So, pretty much all my eyeshadow is covered and I don't have enough space to apply shadow up to my brow! Also means I have to do a thick wing so it can be seen! #strugglestreet 

6. What's your biggest pet peeve when it comes to beauty?
Ugh, where do I start???? Kidddinggg. Hmm, the obvious are orange foundations and intense foundation lines, which I feel like was a high school issue haha. Also, really blocky eyebrows really aren't my cup of tea. Um, suuuper spidery lashes? Muddy bronzer and ashy highlighter? K, I'll stop now.

7. What's your favourite makeup era?
I'm not terribly educated when it comes to various makeup eras, but I do absolutely adore the makeup style of the sixties. The wide-eyes, thick liner and doll lashes were super cute and I just adored the mod style and the colours they used!

8. What's your guilty pleasure product?
Hmm, I don't actually know if I really have a guilty pleasure because, like I said, I'm not super adventurous with my makeup haha. Perhaps not a guilty pleasure but as you guys know, I love dewy, glowy foundations which isn't really suited to my skin type (oily/combo). Combined with the heat and humidity of where I live, I end up looking oily and sweaty REAL QUICK. But I still use glowy foundations and cake on the highlighter! Plus I'm lazy and never blot or touch up heh :P

9. What's your underdog product? 
I had to really think about this one. I'm such a sheep and I rarely stray from what's good and hyped up haha. Some things that come to mind though are, Bare Minerals in general - I feel like it's a brand that doesn't get mentioned enough! They're on the less expensive side of high end brands which I appreciate, but they have AH-mazing products. The Marvelous Moxie Lipsticks in particular don't get enough love! Also, the Josie Maran Coconut Watercolour Eyeshadows! I feel like there was a bit of hype when these first came out, then they just dropped off the face of the earth. I may only have one, but lawd I LOVE it. It is by far the LONGEST lasting eyeshadow I own - with/without primer, end of a long day - no creasing, fading, transferring - nada! Also they're so easy to swipe on, blend out and it does that slightly darker in the crease thing!

10. What's your favourite makeup product of 2015?
This is such a hard question because I used and loved a lot of products in 2015 - a lot of which were new discoveries for me! I have to say though, the Too Faced Chocolate Bar palette stands out to me for some reason. It's just such an amazing, everyday eyeshadow palette, that also has a lot of versatility in both colour and finish. Stunning quality as well!

Thank you again to Holly for creating this amazing tag! I would love to see your responses so link me if you've done/do this tag! I also tag: Yige, DaphneAsh, CherieKatina, Nida, Mel, Sarah and Vanessa!

No comments:

Post a Comment