07/04/2016

Haul // Priceline 40% Off Cosmetics #2

There's just one more day left of Priceline's 40% off cosmetics sale so get in quick before it ends tonight! I figured I would upload a haul of the loot I picked up yesterday in case you guys needed some last minute inspo heh. I went extra early (like 8am early haha) and managed to get almost everything I wanted! A few things were out of stock though, like the Physician's Formula Nude Shimmer Strips highlighter (why is the PF stand always SO PITIFUL???) and Maybelline Creamy Beige Colour Tattoo. So I was supposed to be on a spending ban but I don't think I went too crazy... Plus a lot of this stuff I didn't buy while I was in the US because I knew I could get it here in the sale! Justifiable enough excuse?



L'oreal Nude Magique Cushion Dewy Glow Foundation in 07
I've been wanting to try this foundation pretty much as soon as it was released overseas! It has garnered sooo much hype and I don't think I've seen a single negative review? It's always risky buying a new, hyped up product because the negative reviews haven't come out of the woodwork yet! It sounds right up my alley though, I just hope it's not too dewy/oily for me! I'm super excited to finally try out the whole cushion thang though!

Maybelline Fit Me Concealer in Sand
I've been looking for an undereye highlighting concealer for a little while now. I was going to get It Cosmetics Bye Bye Undereye but none of the shades really suited me. I've ended up with this guy because the shade seems good - it's only about 2-3 shades lighter than my skin, it's yellow toned and I know I love the formula so I'm sure I'll love this! Who knows, I might finally join the "upside down triangles" club.

Maybelline Colour Sensational Creamy Matte Lipsticks in Divine Wine and Touch of Spice
I've already raved about Clay Crush (a shade we unfortunately can't get in Australia) here, so you guys know I love the formula! It's a pigmented, creamy yet lightweight lipstick with a comfortable matte finish. These were the two shades I really wanted to grab. Divine Wine is a burgundy-red which is apparently similar to MAC Diva. Touch of Spice is like all of the lipsticks I've been obsessed with lately - mauvey-browny-rosy goodness. Reminds me quite a bit of MAC Soar and Mehr.

Rimmel Exaggerate Full Colour Lip Liner in Addiction
This was a bit of an impulse purchase because I saw Sharon Farrell talk about it in her March favourites video. She said it was a fairly good dupe for MAC Whirl which is a product I really want but can't justify! I don't exactly know how close they are, but I have a feeling Whirl is more brown. Addiction is a fairly cool-toned mauve which definitely has some brown, but maybe not as much as I'd like! I do enjoy the formula of these liners, though they can be a tad drying.



Models Prefer Dual Purpose 104 Powder & Bronzer Brush
One hunnet percent inspired by Ash ;). Since buying their Airbrush Foundation Brush, I've been really interested in trying more of Models Prefer's brushes. They are great quality but (maybe because I'm a stinge) only really worth buying in the sale. This brush is a tapered tulip brush and it's smaller than I envisioned, but I expect it will fluff out a bit more with use. I've been finding my Real Techniques Blush Brush (which I use for bronzer) is not performing as well as it used to, it's almost a bit grubby and the bristles just don't feel the same. I thought it time to start using a new bronzer brush! I think the shape of this one will be good for a controlled bronzer/powder placement but still blended and diffused.

Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure in So Much Fawn
I limited myself to one polish purchase! I've been feeling my collection has been lacking nude/neutral polish shades which are the colours I've been really ~feeling~ lately. I've also been inspired heaps by the lip colours I've been obsessed with lately (mauves, nudes, browns, etc). So Much Fawn is a fairly neutral, wearable rosy-terra cotta colour. It looked more nude in the store, but it's actually a bit deeper and more warm. It's still a gorgeous shade and like nothing else in my collection! I absolutely love the formula of these polishes though - I think Mudslide will be the next one I pick up!

Sally Hansen Fast & Gentle Polish Remover
I'm just about out of my polish remover so the sale came round just in time! I usually get the peachy-pink one but they didn't have it (only this one and the pink with acetone). I've just read the label properly and it says for "artificial & sensitive nails"... Hopefully it's still just as effective and not so gentle that it's rubbish! Oh well, I'm sure it'll be fine - it was only like $3. 

So that's it! I'd say I was fairly restrained? Let me know if you hit up the sale and what you bought!

S H O P  T H E  P O S T  >>

No comments:

Post a Comment