24/08/2015

Mini Moxies

Bare Minerals is always a brand I've been meaning to try, but just never gotten around to. I don't know but, nothing out of the range particularly jumps out at me (though, at the moment, I'm super keen to try the Complexion Rescue). I do admire Bare Minerals though, they seem to do solid products, they come out with quite a few sets and limited edition items (which I do enjoy) and they're actually super reasonably priced! I succumbed one day, after having done my last exam for the semester (last semester that is) and bought the Nude Perfection kit which contains three mini sized Marvelous Moxie lipsticks for $18. I think this set was limited edition and doesn't seem to be on the Mecca website anymore, but these shades are available permanently in full size!





L-R: Be Free, Speak your Mind, Make your Move

As you guys know, I've been on a bit of a "nudey" lip kick of late. When I saw the shades included, I was immediately intrigued! The set comes with Be Free, Speak your Mind and Make your Move. Be Free is the palest of the trio and I was worried it was going to be too pale for me. Thankfully, I think I can get away with it! It has quite a bit of peachy-brown-ness to it which makes it quite flattering. I don't generally reach for this on a daily basis as I find it pairs better with a more intense eye look, but it is a lovely shade and definitely one of those to rock with a smokier eye. Speak your Mind was the shade I expected to dislike because I'm really not one for light pinks, BUT - I was pleasantly surprised! I think this may even be my favourite?? While it is a medium-light pink shade, I feel like it's more yellow than blue which I find pretty flattering on my skin. It's definitely a more nude-ish pink but I find I can wear it with a variety of different looks. It's actually quite unique in my collection and I'm really happy that I've found a lighter pink lipstick that actually looks good on me! Lastly, Make your Move is a pretty typical "me" shade these days. One of those slightly deeper, MLBBs. This one is more browny-brick toned than it is mauve, but very much in that colour family. I really like it and it's one that I can throw on with any look. 

Whenever I've swatched the Marvelous Moxie lipsticks in store, I've always been impressed with how creamy and pigmented they are. These minis are no exception! They glide on really well with pretty much full colour payoff! They're creamy and leave a slight sheen. If you have particularly flaky lips, these will accentuate them (honestly, what doesn't) but if your lips are only slightly dry, these should be fine! While I don't find them super moisturising, they are extremely comfortable to wear. Lasting power is pretty average, but when it comes to creamy formulas and nude colours, you can't expect them to last through a meal!

Basically, these are some super flattering shades in the nude family, with a pretty excellent formula. I totally want to check out more shades in the full size. The full size packaging is really cool, plus they're only $24 which I think is pretty affordable (dare I say it), especially compared with drugstore brands like Revlon and L'oreal

Have you tried the Marvelous Moxie lipsticks? What are your favourite Bare Minerals products?