03/08/2015

Sipping on Rosé

After dipping my toes into the world of Bite Beauty with a set of minis, I was very much enamoured with the formula of the Luminous Creme Lipsticks. I recently got my hands on a full size in the shade Rosé and am here to share my thoughts!







The packaging of pretty much all of their lipsticks is tres cool. The tubes feel quite weighty and substantial and have a grey, rubbery matte finish. They're super minimalist which I enjoy. A feature of the Luminous Creme Lipstick's packaging is the "slope" of the top of the lipstick. Depending on the colour family, the top of the lid will be different. I think it's supposed to represent the different ways women use their lipstick and what kind of slant forms one you use it...or something. I think that's pretty cool though!

I've already talked about the formula of the Luminous Creme Lipsticks of which I have minis of Fig and Pepper. I will say, the formula on Rosé does differ slightly! I think it's because I have a bolder shade (Fig and Pepper are more muted, neutral shades) but I find Rosé to be much more pigmented. The opacity is a lot stronger, I find there's less shine and translucency and it almost feels a bit drier in the bullet. As you can see though, it does still retain a bit of moisture and sheen. Though, when I applied it on a cold morning the finish was almost matte as opposed to later in the day when it was warmer! I guess these melt pretty easily then, huh? Regardless, the formula is awesome. This stuff isn't moisturising per se, but it is ridiculously NON-drying. With most lip products (even some 'moisturising' ones), I still find when I go to reapply, my lips have formed some dry bits and lipstick never applies perfectly over top. With the Luminous Creme Lipstick, colour slides on so easily and my lips are still as smooth as they were before I applied any product! Lasting power is really great on this shade as well though, I only need to reapply after meals.

Rosé is described as a peachy-pink which I wouldn't totally agree with (y'all know I'm an expert on dem peachy-pinks). I would say it's more of a straight up warm, rosy pink. It's really quite bright and bold but still super wearable. A beautiful shade nonetheless and I've been loving it when I want a bit of a more colourful lip without being too bright, neon or in-yer-face.

So, Bite Beauty's Luminous Creme Lipsticks remain as - probably - one of my favourite lipstick formulas! It really does depend on the shade you get though as I'd say the bolder colours are much more pigmented than the more neutral shades (or maybe it's something to do with the size?)! With food-grade ingredients and a huge range of lip formulas and shades, there's no doubt I'll be picking up more from them in the future (I'm comin' for ya Sephora ;P )! 

S H O P  T H E  P O S T  >>