08/10/2015

Preachin' the Peachy-Pink // Behind the Frames

Today we have a very special post - a guest post by Sheri from Behind the Frames featuring her favourite peachy-pink products! This is some what of a 'colab' (as all da cool Youtubers would call it) as I've shared all of my favourite peachy-pink prods on Sheri's blog, so be sure to check it out! Sheri has to be one of my bestest blogger buddies and we've known each other for something like 2 years! It is so awesome to finally have her over on my blog and I promise you, we will meet each other in the flesh - ONE DAY. Anyway, enough of me - keep reading for your daily dose of Sheri charm ;)



​​​Firstly, let me just say that it's an honour to be on my home gurl, Tasha's, blog! (Basically, my aussie-asian sista from another mister) And I'm super excited to share some of my favourite peachy-pink products with you. I don't actually own anything peachy-pink apart from lip products and blushes so that's what I'll be focussing on (except those terrible foundations that I bought back when I was a foundation n00b and couldn't tell my yellows from my pinks - I guess you could call them peachy-pink? LOL). 


Revlon Lip Butter in Juicy Papaya
Out of my eight Revlon lip butters, this is possibly my fave shade! I just love me a good, moisturizing sheer lippy that's idiot-proof to wear and apply. And if it's a super natural, peachy pink that adds some shine? Even better. I'd recommend this is as a good drugstore option for beginners!

Bite Beauty Luminous Creme Lipstick in Date
Now I know what you're thinking, "that does not look peachy-pink!" But on me, Date actually looks peachy, nudey-pink on my lips so it's presence in this post is completely justified. The formula is fab, as in MIND-BLOWINGLY CREAMY (it's sorcery I tell ya) but I have nightmares about it melting/snapping... along with the breaking of my heart. 

Napoleon Perdis Luminous Lip Veil in Pretty in Peach
I've raved about this lipgloss numerous times on my blog, and it's now famously known as "the lipgloss that smells like lychees", and it's asdfghkl-flipping-fantastic.  This is by far my favourite lipgloss - not sticky at all, wears comfortably and is just a gorgeous neutral.... peachy-pink. Duh. P.S. You HAVE to smell this. Just do it.


ELF Studio Blush in Candid Coral
Question: What is the actual difference between coral and peachy-pink? Despite ELF's naming of this blush, I see it as more peachy than 'coral' so we're gonna roll with it. This is a reaaally light shade so I can imagine this would show up better on fairer skin tones, aka geisha girls like myself ;) After staring at it for 5 mins, I hereby conclude that it has both silver AND golden shimmers through it, so it adds a gorgeous sheen to the cheeks.

MAC Sheertone Shimmer Blush in Springsheen
I didn't realize how similar this blush was swatched against ELF's Candid Coral (oops) but the MAC one definitely has more of an obvious golden shimmer, plus it shows up more on my skin. It reminds me a bit of NARS' Orgasm and I'm SO. IN. LOVE. WITH. THIS. BLUSH. (Can you hear me screaming my love for this blush through the computer screen? GOOD.) It seriously has this almost rose-gold like effect *contented sigh*.

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush in Diffused Heat
A luxurious one, but certainly deserves a spot in this awesome peachy-pink lovers club we've got going on over here. Apart from the fact that the beautiful reflective packaging is a fingerprint MAGNET, Diffused Heat is a vibrant poppy peach with golden shimmer. I didn't realize how much I loved a lil shimmer in my cheek products until now. They just add dimension, really lift the face and give you that gorgeous glow. If you want to splurge on a blush you'd wear all the time, why not give Diffused Heat a go?

​L-R: Revlon 'Juicy Papaya', Bite 'Date', Napoleon Perdis 'Pretty in Peach', ELF 'Candid Coral', MAC 'Springsheen', Hourglass 'Diffused Heat'